2018 QB Depth Chart

People saying JG was slow, you realize he was playing on a bum ankle, right? He looked pretty good running vs uscjr.

JG looked like the better qb last year and should be the starter going into next year.

You forgot the blue font he got ran down from behind 3 times by D linemen that game was sacked 7 times. Had something like minus 29 yards rushing.

McBride clearly has the best instincts and awareness. The poor guy should have been able to keep his red shirt stay in the gym.

Yea 42.5% passing and 3.8 ypa shows great instincts and awareness. :eek:lol:

Laugh it up, the guy has pocket presents. The train was derailing and he was thrown to the wolves. We could have let 5 or 6 different players take snaps instead of burning his rs

People laughed when I said Dobbs would be fine too.

Reactions: 1 person
One possibility is a TAM-type situation where more than one or perhaps all three leave before next season. Remote but feasible considering none of the three left any positive tape for the new coach to consider.

Laugh it up, the guy has pocket presents. The train was derailing and he was thrown to the wolves. We could have let 5 or 6 different players take snaps instead of burning his rs

Just a FYI If you’re in Thailand and someone you think is a girl offers you “pocket presents”
You might get a surprise.

Reactions: 2 people

The only presents he had in the pocket were to the other team’s defense with all the sacks he took.

Oh I'm laughing all right. I hope he shared some of those presents with the less fortunate on Christmas. lol

He doesn't have good pocket presence, as evidenced by his 42.5% passing and 3.8 ypa.

Dobbs wasn't under 43% passing and played top ten teams as a true freshman. He showed talent. Different scenario.

Each of the three had their time in the spot light. Injuries didn't help. None of them showed they were the clear choice. Who knows what was going on in practice and film sessions?

They all threw a good ball, but they all had accuracy issues(Similar to Dobbs.) too.

All three looked like the needed to spend more time practicing or film study or both.

noticed these guys on the roster at the QB position,I assume there scout team and if so,why are they listed on the roster ?

Jancek

Washington

I did see several Freshmen linemen listed too,on both sides of the line,I assume they red shirted or on the scout team too ?

I'm not sure about that at all,i was hoping somebody could clear that up for me

Each of the three had their time in the spot light. Injuries didn't help. None of them showed they were the clear choice. Who knows what was going on in practice and film sessions?

They all threw a good ball, but they all had accuracy issues(Similar to Dobbs.) too.

All three looked like the needed to spend more time practicing or film study or both.

JG has made some incredible passes w his arm strength. He developed some darn good fakes. He looked awesome on those screens because hes always taking long drops and drifting instead of stepping up into the pocket.

I think if they can get him to step up into pocket make 2 reads and then scramble he would develop quickly into a 3 reads then go qb

JG has made some incredible passes w his arm strength. He developed some darn good fakes. He looked awesome on those screens because hes always taking long drops and drifting instead of stepping up into the pocket.

I think if they can get him to step up into pocket make 2 reads and then scramble he would develop quickly into a 3 reads then go qb
I would assume with walk-on linemen in front of him he didnt have the confidence in them to step into a meat grinder.

Sounds like a plan. What about McBride? My guess is since we are installing a completely new offensive scheme, the guy, between QD, JG, McB, who picks it up first will start. If it isn't JG, then he transfer over the summer. QD may hang around and be a grad transfer.

QD only has one year of eligibilty left, if he doesn't RS this year his career is over.

JG mainly cause even though he was getting drilled on basically every play I never saw fear in his eyes, even against Bama. I saw fear in QD's eyes multiple times while he was the starter, particularly the entire game vs Georgia.

That being said no QB on our roster has earned the right to be the unquestioned starter yet. I'm assuming there will be at least a 3 way battle between JG, QD, and McBride to be the starter next year, and you could maybe even throw Shrout in there as well.

presents like Christmas i.e. interceptions and fumbles or presence like he knows what he's doing in there?

Guarantano
McBride
Dormady (recovering from shoulder surgery)
Shroutt

That should be the probable depth chart headed into spring practice.

JG mainly cause even though he was getting drilled on basically every play I never saw fear in his eyes, even against Bama. I saw fear in QD's eyes multiple times while he was the starter, particularly the entire game vs Georgia.

That being said no QB on our roster has earned the right to be the unquestioned starter yet. I'm assuming there 8will be at least a 3 way battle between JG, QD, and McBride to be the starter next year, and you could maybe even throw Shrout in there as well.

Correct...4 man battle.

VN Store

Back