2018 QB Depth Chart

But Dormady have to look at the matchups. They took the slant away which left Brandon one on one with a Linebacker the Qb has to see that he had time to read that. True Palmer broke the route off, but he was a true freshman last year and the coaches put that kid in tough situations.

I think that is exactly my point about regarding the matchup. At pre-snap, the UF DB was playing off Palmer and then jammed him. He didn't take the slant away, he simply jammed him and Palmer panicked and broke it off. I simply can't fault QD on this one.

Totally agree the comment about Palmer being a true freshman and probably wasn't ready for that big moment.

Lol. And once again, you have played yourself.

When called out and exposed as a fraud, you simply name call and deflect.

Love it!

I didn't deflect anything, you have an excuse for everything, Dormady is a below average QB Period! Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. He will go somewhere else and show the same. He won't be a P5 Starting QB and if he is he won't be any better than he was here.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, you truly don't understand how that route works. This is a timing route and the QB is throwing to a spot. The ball is out of hands before the WR even breaks or at least thrown as the break is being made. As a receiver (and I played one in college), your number one priority on that route is to not let the defender get in front of you. Palmer stopped completely on that route. At a minimum, Palmer should have created a collision that caused a PI penalty.

If you look at the pre-snap read, this was the right read. Palmer was the middle receiver on trips left. The problem was as soon as Palmer felt the DB, he stopped and changed his route. This is 100% on Palmer. QD's read would have had him going to Callaway on the corner route or Palmer on the slant.

And for the record, the DB did not jump the route. He was pressing and jammed Palmer which caused him to change his route. If Palmer continues the route and fights for the position, that INT doesn't happen.

You must not have watched it agian. the Safety was lined up inside of the receiver the slant was defended and Dormady threw it anyway. Palmer stopped because the DB took the route away, Palmer didn't fight for position and Dormady threw it anyway. IT was a bad read, watch the film again you will agree. Calloway was a better option on the play!

Understand your perspective, but slant routes are a pre-snap read. If he runs the route correctly, he would be in a position to catch the ball. That play is probably designed for that route to be the #1 read as the receiver on either side of Palmer are running routes that will clear space. Watching it again I can see why QD read it that way.

The route would have never developed, the defender took it away presnap and Palmer was never the correct option. Palmer had no shot but to knock the ball down away from the defender, but the ball should have never been thrown!

Where did you play receiver in college? Just wondering

But Dormady have to look at the matchups. They took the slant away which left Brandon one on one with a Linebacker the Qb has to see that he had time to read that. True Palmer broke the route off, but he was a true freshman last year and the coaches put that kid in tough situations.

This is my point all along, a good QB makes those adjustments based off what the defense gives him.

QD isn't a good QB, I don't agree that he would fit Heltons system either. He isn't mentally or physically ready for P5 football IMHO!

Reactions: 3 people
The route would have never developed, the defender took it away presnap and Palmer was never the correct option. Palmer had no shot but to knock the ball down away from the defender, but the ball should have never been thrown!

Where did you play receiver in college? Just wondering
Watch it again, the DB simply jammed Palmer and as soon as he felt the jam he broke it off. That is the complete wrong thing to do and if you cannot understand that, I don't know what to say. The DB did not jump the route, he jammed. If Palmer can't handle a jam, he shouldn't be playing the position. His slant route was pathetic. The db was playing 4 yards off the ball slightly inside of Palmer and retreats a couple of steps. That is beatable every time with the right route and execution. If he takes the proper 3 steps and breaks like he was supposed to that is most likely a completion unless he drops it.

Check my teams for the answer to your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Watch it again, the DB simply jammed Palmer and as soon as he felt the jam he broke it off. That is the complete wrong thing to do and if you cannot understand that, I don't know what to say. The DB did not jump the route, he jammed. If Palmer can't handle a jam, he shouldn't be playing the position. His slant route was pathetic. The db was playing 4 yards off the ball slightly inside of Palmer and retreats a couple of steps. That is beatable every time with the right route and execution. If he takes the proper 3 steps and breaks like he was supposed to that is most likely a completion unless he drops it.

Check my teams for the answer to your question.

The defender took away the inside for the slant, nto matter if we call him jumping the route or jamming the route. The ball should have never been thrown. Palmer not fighting for position doesn't mean the interception was on Palmer if the decision to throw was a bad decision.

The throw wasn't there and Dormady threw it anyway. It wasn't his only read on the play but it was the only receiver that he looked at!

That was Dormady's problem he didn't let plays develop he eyed a receiver and threw it, that is why he had as many INTs as TDs. He is an below average QB, plain and simple!

I grew up in Crossville, Tennessee Tech is a good school!

To be honest I fault Dormady more because Palmer was never open on the play. Brandon Johnson was the open wr in the back of the end zone all he had to do was look off Palmer and it was a TD. Early in the season it seemed as if the coaching staff was trying to force Palmer to be this go to guy when he never was ready for it.

Agree on Palmer and the staff trying to force the ball to him. He wasn’t remotely ready. Honestly, I just didn’t see the athletic ability, speed, much of anything from Palmer that says top flight D1 WR. Why in the world the staff played and targeted him as much as they did made no sense to me. Typical Butch Jones crap....he played guys for ancillary reasons that had little to do with how good and how ready they were.

The defender took away the inside for the slant, nto matter if we call him jumping the route or jamming the route. The ball should have never been thrown. Palmer not fighting for position doesn't mean the interception was on Palmer if the decision to throw was a bad decision.

The throw wasn't there and Dormady threw it anyway. It wasn't his only read on the play but it was the only receiver that he looked at!

That was Dormady's problem he didn't let plays develop he eyed a receiver and threw it, that is why he had as many INTs as TDs. He is an below average QB, plain and simple!

You don't understand football if you think a passing play predicated on a quick one step drop and throw is a play that has to develop. Palmer getting beat on the inside is the sole cause of the interception. If Palmer fights for the inside position, the worst case scenario is an incomplete pass.

Okay, you are entitled to your wrong opinion :)

You don't understand football if you think a passing play predicated on a quick one step drop and throw is a play that has to develop. Palmer getting beat on the inside is the sole cause of the interception. If Palmer fights for the inside position, the worst case scenario is an incomplete pass.

What I am saying it was the wrong read presnap. You are under the impression that it was a good decision on who to throw it to, I am saying it wasn't!

A play could have been made but that doesn't make it the best play! Dormady had better matchups on the field.

He made a bad decision and we paid for it! Palmer didn't help but the play was a bad play from the beginning! Presnap it wouldn't have been been the read that I made since the DB lined up inside of Palmer. JMHO!

Agree on Palmer and the staff trying to force the ball to him. He wasn’t remotely ready. Honestly, I just didn’t see the athletic ability, speed, much of anything from Palmer that says top flight D1 WR. Why in the world the staff played and targeted him as much as they did made no sense to me. Typical Butch Jones crap....he played guys for ancillary reasons that had little to do with how good and how ready they were.

Exactly!!

VN Store

Back