2018 MLB Draft

I put this post over In the RF responding to a poster saying the state of Tenn has enough talent for Tenn to go to Omaha every year. I found the numbers informational when I looked them up

I know Hank has said something similar so I wanted to dispel this thinking. It really isn't fair to have these kind of expectations.

In this years mlb the state of Tenn had the second lowest number of Hs selections of any state in the SEC.

Here are the numbers:
1 Alabama
3 Tenn, Ark, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kentucky
5 Mississippi
6 Missouri
19 Georgia
22 Texas
40 Florida

Year end and year out the numbers are similar. It's why schools like Arkansas will always be good. They can get Texas players in state tuition. Similar deal with LSU. And then obviously florida and Georgia.

I put this post over In the RF responding to a poster saying the state of Tenn has enough talent for Tenn to go to Omaha every year. I found the numbers informational when I looked them up

I live in Texas. My daughter went to Arkansas. It cost less than sending her to in-state schools.

I live in Texas. My daughter went to Arkansas. It cost less than sending her to in-state schools.

Good info. I am going to peak at their roster and see how many are from Texas

Pretty interesting that over 1/3 of the roster at Arkansas is from Texas

Last edited:
Not sure if this was ever mentioned but LHP Denny Bentley, 33rd round pick, signed with the Twins.

He had a 2.60 ERA in 17.1 innings for the Twins rookie team in the Gulf Coast League.

VN Store

Back