2018 Midterm Election Thread

Long lines today for Early Voting here in Shelby County
They were long yesterday and long today in my town in East Tennessee, and they aren't very many Democrats around here. Trump carried with about 70%.

Edit: Make that 79% Trump, 18% Hillary and 2% Gary Johnson.

Republicans Claim Victory in Dem District

D.C. Dems pull funding from Minnesota's 8th

Republicans are hoping to flip a Minnesota seat after national Democrats pulled nearly $1 million in funding.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee pulled "all spending" in Minneapolis aimed at defending Rep. Rick Nolan's seat in Minnesota's 8th District. The announcement said it would reallocate $1.2 million to help other candidates in the state, but the DCCC declined to say whether all of that money came from its planned 8th district spending. The move came as Republican Pete Stauber, a St. Louis County commissioner and veteran police officer, turned a 1-point September deficit into a 15-point lead, according to a New York Times poll. Stauber's campaign said that Democratic candidate Joe Radinovich—Nolan's former campaign manager—had failed to reflect the interests of northern Minnesota throughout the race, which is why he failed to maintain the wide support of his former boss.

Republicans Claim Victory in Dem District

Reactions: Obsessed
I voted today for the first time ever in a mid-term election. I also have never before voted straight party line in any election. I have always abstained from voting on races in which I was unfamiliar with the candidates, and I would vote only for presidential, gubernatorial, and congressional seats where I had some knowledge of the candidates. In the past I have voted for republicans, democrats, libertarians, and indepentents in various elections. I have always valued my vote as something to be earned and cast for someone rather than in opposition to. Today I voted for every republican on the ballot. The actions of the democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation have convinced me that an opportunity to not vote against a democrat is more dangerous than voting for a garbage republican cadidate.

RCP just added FL to the GOP prediction - now 54-46 (Senate).

House holding still at 26 pickups for Dems (would take them to 219 or so if my math is right)

I voted today for the first time ever in a mid-term election. I also have never before voted straight party line in any election. I have always abstained from voting on races in which I was unfamiliar with the candidates, and I would vote only for presidential, gubernatorial, and congressional seats where I had some knowledge of the candidates. In the past I have voted for republicans, democrats, libertarians, and indepentents in various elections. I have always valued my vote as something to be earned and cast for someone rather than in opposition to. Today I voted for every republican on the ballot. The actions of the democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation have convinced me that an opportunity to not vote against a democrat is more dangerous than voting for a garbage republican cadidate.
I voted today for Republicans I’ve never even heard of before. I was in the same boat.

Straight down the line R

Texas Dems ask Non-Citizens to Register to Vote, send applications with Citizenship box pre-checked

The Texas Democratic Party asked noncitizens to register to vote, sending out applications to immigrants with the citizenship box already checked “Yes,” according to new complaints filed Thursday asking prosecutors to see what laws may have been broken.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation alerted district attorneys and the Justice Department to the pre-checked applications, and also included a signed affidavit from a man who said some of his relatives, who aren’t citizens, received the mailing.

“This is how the Texas Democratic Party is inviting foreign influence in an election in a federal election cycle,” said Logan Churchwell, spokesman for the PILF, a group that’s made its mark policing states’ voter registration practices.

The organization sent complaints to Hidalgo and Starr counties in Texas complete with the affidavit and photos of the pre-marked voter applications.

The return address for the mailings was the State Democratic Executive Committee with an address in Austin that matches the state Democratic Party’s headquarters.

The letter is emblazoned with “Urgent! Your voter registration deadline is October 9.” It continues: “Your voter registration application is inside. Complete, sign and return it today!”

Texas Democrats ask noncitizens to register to vote

Is Soros Money Floating Behind the Push For a Civilian ‘Police Oversight Board’ in Nashville?

Internal documents from George Soros’ Open Society Foundation (OSF) and an admission from an OSF representative about their grants addressing “police brutality,” should leave no one surprised that Soros money is floating behind the push in Nashville to establish a civilian oversight board.

Community Oversight Nashville,” (the Coalition), is the coalition which succeeded in bringing the question of a civilian community oversight board to a referendum. On November 6, 2018, Davidson County voters will decide whether to permanently embed the police oversight board into the governing charter. According to the “Vote No” campaign, this board would require a $10 million dollar tax hike over the next five years to pay for the $1.5 million dollar annual expenditure required by “Amendment #1” on the ballot.

If the police oversight board initiative referred to as “Amendment #1” is passed, civilians appointed by Metro Council members would have broad authority to investigate and punish Metro Nashville police officers.

Opponents of the initiative point out that at least eight layers of bureaucracy which include both civilians and government officials, are already in place to hold MNPD officers accountable.

Organizations that have joined the Coalition and others that support passage of “Amendment #1” have either been direct or indirect recipients of Soros funding.

The TN Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition (TIRRC) and the American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) each received grants from the Proteus Fund, itself a recipient of millions of dollars from Soros’ Open Society Foundations (OSF). The grants to the two Tennessee organizations were made through the Proteus “Security & Collaborative Rights” (SCR) initiative.

AMAC has declared itself a partner of the Coalition, pressing for the Nashville police oversight board.

During a breakout session in the 2016 “We the People” immigration conference held in Nashville and hosted by TIRRC, a representative from OSF admitted that they were already addressing “police brutality” through OSF grant programs.

Soros money has also been funneled to both chapters and the parent organizations of Showing Up For Racial Justice (SURJ) and Black Lives Matter (BLM). The Nashville chapters of both groups are listed members of the police oversight Coalition.

Police-agencies-communty-oversight-board_840x480.jpg

MORE HERE:
Is Soros Money Floating Behind the Push For a Civilian ‘Police Oversight Board’ in Nashville?

Didn’t the Dims lose like 1200 seats since 2010? Thanks Obama lmao
They truly don’t get how his policies drove people away. They will throw up his aprroval rating. Which is good. What they forget is he isn’t running anymore and it pissed off the other side. I expect it to happen to trump too.

I voted today for the first time ever in a mid-term election. I also have never before voted straight party line in any election. I have always abstained from voting on races in which I was unfamiliar with the candidates, and I would vote only for presidential, gubernatorial, and congressional seats where I had some knowledge of the candidates. In the past I have voted for republicans, democrats, libertarians, and indepentents in various elections. I have always valued my vote as something to be earned and cast for someone rather than in opposition to. Today I voted for every republican on the ballot. The actions of the democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation have convinced me that an opportunity to not vote against a democrat is more dangerous than voting for a garbage republican candidate.
I will be voting Monday afternoon. I will vote straight Democrat. The actions of the Republicans during the Kavanaugh confirmation have convinced me that an opportunity to not vote against a Republican is more dangerous than voting for a garbage Democrat.

I will be voting Monday afternoon. I will vote straight Democrat. The actions of the Republicans during the Kavanaugh confirmation have convinced me that an opportunity to not vote against a Republican is more dangerous than voting for a garbage Democrat.

So nothing has changed, and you will do what you have always done. Got it.

It’s telling how polarized we are when just about everyone voting could say the same thing just cut and paste the parties to taste.

Reactions: LouderVol

Not surprised a commie wouldn’t convert, go for it. How many times you gonna vote?

LOL, you were voting straight D the day you turned 18. Has nothing to do with K.

You should have tried to pay attention during the Kavanaugh confirmation.

VN Store

Back