2015 Football Media Days Special (Updates)

Butch Jones & players just walked into the conference center. Immediately flooded with reporters in a way none of the previous coaches were. Rock star welcome.

Joe T. says: "the most highly hyped team in the SEC when it comes to improvement" ... "they're the team everyone's talking about"

Booger says: (summary) Dobbs is incredible.

McElroy says: "I love Josh Dobbs, the intangible aspect most of all." ... "I love the way he elevates the play of everyone around him" ... "the sky is the limit for what this young man can be"

Other Guy (sorry don't know his name) says: "when he came in, not only the offense got better, but the defense got better."

Joe asks: "can OLine have grown enough for them to be a force this year?" Booger responds: "it's not just Dobbs, he has weapons. The OLine is much maligned, but they are bigger, stronger and will be much more dependable." ... Other guy says: "This will be a balanced offense, one of the best backfields in the SEC (with Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara)"

Joe on Von Pearson: "we don't know, don't have any update."

Reactions: 5 people
Butch Jones & players just walked into the conference center. Immediately flooded with reporters in a way none of the previous coaches were. Rock star welcome.

Joe T. says: "the most highly hyped team in the SEC when it comes to improvement" ... "they're the team everyone's talking about"

Booger says: (summary) Dobbs is incredible.

McElroy says: "I love Josh Dobbs, the intangible aspect most of all." ... "I love the way he elevates the play of everyone around him" ... "the sky is the limit for what this young man can be"

Other Guy (sorry don't know his name) says: "when he came in, not only the offense got better, but the defense got better."

Joe asks: "can OLine have grown enough for them to be a force this year?" Booger responds: "it's not just Dobbs, he has weapons. The OLine is much maligned, but they are bigger, stronger and will be much more dependable." ... Other guy says: "This will be a balanced offense, one of the best backfields in the SEC (with Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara)"

Joe on Von Pearson: "we don't know, don't have any update."

Marcus Spears the other guy..

Reactions: 1 person
Maggitt looking good in light grey suit, orange and white striped tie (not bowtie, bucking that particular trend).

Talking Heads discussing Vols defense now. Had a nice little clip on Maggitt leadership in practices.

Joe: Defensively, two names big: Maggitt, and Barnett.

Marcus: Barnett is in relentless pursuit. His #1 move: dip and rip. He's always around the QB. Barnett and Maggitt will be a problem for everybody this year.

Booger: JRM, he's the team leader right now. And when you lose the team's #1 tackler, AJ, you'd think there'd be a big dropoffe ... no dropoff with JRM there. And Cam Sutton, he may not be Vernon Hargraves the Third, but he's right there at the next tier.

Marcus: I absolutely love this defense. When you have playmakers at every level of the defense, it usually spells very good things for the team.

Last edited:
Maggitt looking good in light grey suit, orange and white striped tie (not bowtie, bucking that particular trend).

Talking Heads discussing Vols defense now. Had a nice little clip on Maggitt leadership in practices.

Joe: Defensively, two names big: Maggitt, and Barnett.

Marcus: Barnett is in relentless pursuit. His #1 move: dip and rip. He's always around the QB. Barnett and Maggitt will be a problem for everybody this year.

Booger: JRM, he's the team leader right now. And when you lose AJ, ... not really a dropoff. And Cam Sutton, he may not be Vernon Hargraves the Third, but he's right there at the next tier.

Marcus: I absolutely love this defense. When you have playmakers at every level of the defense, it usually spells very good things for the team.

I disagree with Booger.. Cam is right there with VH3...

Reactions: 4 people
Is Hurd under the radar this year? Seems to me... Everyone is talking Fournette and Chubb. I hope our Oline develops..

A lot of great talk about the Vols. Hurd is not getting the love he deserves though..

love this Tennessee Vols defense"!!!! The entire SEC Network agreed with them. I am feeling so good about this team. If we can just stay healthy, we got a good chance to win the east. Go Vols!!!!!:thumbsup::rock:

Reactions: 3 people
For the record: I don't type nearly fast enough to get their comments verbatim, guys, just capturing the gist of their statements. That's why not putting any quote marks around their words normally.

Just so you know.

@rockytopinsider: Dobbs spent his offseason working on jet engines, as a counselor at the Elite 11 and at The Manning Passing Academy.

For the record: I don't type nearly fast enough to get their comments verbatim, guys, just capturing the gist of their statements. That's why not putting any quote marks around their words normally.

Just so you know.

You're doing a fine job.. I'm jus piggybacking on what you're saying. I'm sitting here watching it also.

Any radio shows on this? Can't find any

I'd bet a lot of the sports radio stations have crews there, Skins, but they won't carry it live continuously the way SEC-Network is. They'll do interviews, clean them up, then play them later in their show. Once in a while they'll go live for "atmosphere," but usually they'll be taking calls in and such.

I don't know if you can listen to SEC-Network audio through the internet...maybe so. Try their web page if you want to try.

VN Store

Back