2015 Football Media Days Special (Updates)

I was going to DVR Tuesday SEC Media days to see what Butch and Spurrier would say. Unless something has changed, SEC network is not covering the event. Coverage was on ESPN2 or ESPNU (can't remember which) like it has been in years previous.

I'm not saying this means anything, I just thought it was strange, this being the first SEC Media days since the launch of the SEC Network, and it's being covered by ESPN instead.

Anyone else find this odd?

SEC Media Days is definitely being covered by SEC Network. I don't know what you're talking about.

SEC Media Days is definitely being covered by SEC Network. I don't know what you're talking about.

Already covered this, but I was going by what I saw on the dish channel schedule a few days ago.

While SEC Media days was being covered live on ESPN, SEC Network was showing volleyball or something like that was going to be on. This, I found odd.

TAF provided a link in the post after my comment that clarified the SEC Network was indeed showing programming.

Maybe the channel guide is showing that channel 404 on dish network is going to show SEC Media Days coverage, but guys, I swear on a stack of Bibles this high, I'm telling the truth, that one day late last week I was searching for coverage, went FIRST to sec network, was shocked to see volleyball (or whatever it was) instead of SEC Media Days. The only place I found live coverage was on one of the espn's (espn 2 or u) just like years gone by.

Yes, I found this odd to say the least!
Suffice it to say I'm an idiot. Sorry I posted.
Innocent mistake.
Won't happen again.
:crazy:

Innocent mistake.
Won't happen again.

Just make sure it doesn't, mister.

Heh, just kidding, this is no big deal, Webb, don't let it bother you a bit. And for what it's worth, I believe you. The guides change all the time, you probably just caught an earlier version.

Reactions: 1 person
SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey is at this moment giving the opening speech of SEC Media Days. During the first part of it, he highlighted the Vols' "Campaign for Academic Excellence" through the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center. A nice call-out to a program and goals Butch and the other coaches in Knoxville are pushing hard.

Reactions: 2 people
Since they are talking about getting a soccer team in nashville. Instead of them creating a new stadium they can use the vanderbilt stadium because they don't play there ;)

They should probably play the soccer games right before the Vandy football games so there will be people in the stands as some might stay until they figure out they've been duped.

Greg Sankey did a mostly good job with the opening speech. His jokes were hella weak, but otherwise he did a nice job providing an overview of the SEC athletic world and a vision of its future.

Now the fun starts, with the coaches and players. Schedule already posted above, but summarizing:

This afternoon: Auburn, Florida, Vandy
Tomorrow (Tuesday): USCe, A&M, Miss St, and Vols
Wednesday: Bama, Kentucky, Mizzou, Arkansas
Thursday: Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU

Last edited:
The SEC-Network talking heads are discussing the returning QBs, including Josh Dobbs. The young guy (McElroy?) says the expectations are super-high for Josh in 2015, result of his own success in 2014. Says Josh has a real chance to be the first-team All-SEC QB of the coming year.

The SEC-Network talking heads are discussing the returning QBs, including Josh Dobbs. The young guy (McElroy?) says the expectations are super-high for Josh in 2015, result of his own success in 2014. Says Josh has a real chance to be the first-team All-SEC QB of the coming year.

Music to my eyes and ears. It's nice to have Tennessee back in the conversation.

The SEC-Network talking heads at SEC Media Days just spent the past 15-20 minutes talking about who to watch in the East and West this year. The consensus seemed to be that any of the 7 teams in the West could conceivably get to Atlanta, but only three teams in the East have a realistic chance: Georgia, Mizzou, and the Vols.

And then two of the four flat-out said that Tennessee is their favorite to win the East. Booger McFarland leading the way, of course. Heh. (the other two didn't name a favorite, yet. think they're going to continue the conversation after commercials)

So Derrick mason just singled out the Tennessee game as a high point in his season last year. As it was his first year as head coach so presumably a highlight of his career and appears to be a turning point for him. Said his team "attacked" Tennessee defensively and that was when "he knew" where his team was headed. Basically he is making the UT Game an important one for his team. They think they can do it defensively.

So Derrick mason just singled out the Tennessee game as a high point in his season last year. As it was his first year as head coach so presumably a highlight of his career and appears to be a turning point for him. Said his team "attacked" Tennessee defensively and that was when "he knew" where his team was headed. Basically he is making the UT Game an important one for his team. They think they can do it defensively.

They played very well against us by their 2014 standards. I hate to say it, but if I was a Vandy fan I would be encouraged based on that game too. They would have stolen a couple more if they had played everyone as well as they played us.

Already covered this, but I was going by what I saw on the dish channel schedule a few days ago.

While SEC Media days was being covered live on ESPN, SEC Network was showing volleyball or something like that was going to be on. This, I found odd.

TAF provided a link in the post after my comment that clarified the SEC Network was indeed showing programming.

Maybe the channel guide is showing that channel 404 on dish network is going to show SEC Media Days coverage, but guys, I swear on a stack of Bibles this high, I'm telling the truth, that one day late last week I was searching for coverage, went FIRST to sec network, was shocked to see volleyball (or whatever it was) instead of SEC Media Days. The only place I found live coverage was on one of the espn's (espn 2 or u) just like years gone by.

Yes, I found this odd to say the least!
Innocent mistake.
Won't happen again.

Saw the same thing two days ago on my program guide. Don't sweat it...I've learned not to trust their schedule. :)

I DVR the shows and watch at night. IMO much better to watch sports tv than all the junk singing, dancing, and 'reality' shows.

I have to give props to Vernon Hargreaves III, the CB from Florida. He did an interview with Finebaum and McElroy on the SEC Media Days. He's very well spoken, articulate, and Finebaum even opened the door and gave him a chance to take a shot at TN and the guy just didn't do it. He actually responded by saying something along the lines of that's what we have together(FL and TN) is that rivalry, it goes back.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm hoping that during this plethora of interviews today with Butch...we get some updates on the healing from Spring injuries and some semblance of where we stand a couple weeks from Fall Camp regarding the long list of injuries which hampered Spring Camp.

But...am I hoping for too much?

VN Store

Back