2013 NC WR Marquez North (UT signee)

You saying the ACC is the same level as a 2A school?

And 80 year old grandparents can't make the drive over the mountains. My grandma in Asheville can't make it to Knoxville an hour away.

No, the interest in ACC football is far below that of a 2A game. Just joking, but barely.

I drive about every other week from Morehead nc to Kingsport tn. People make to big a deal about the drive. If your kid is playing college ball at a big time university, a difference in a few hours isn't a big deal. Atleast not to me :)

All those players with the exception of maybe Mccullers are 5th to 7th round draft picks at best. I would also be shocked if anybody drafted Waggner.

You guys are complaining about how far down the draft some of our guys will go. Can you remember when we didn't have ANYONE drafted? I can :yes::yes::yes:

Lighten up just a little and enjoy seeing our guys in the draft.

If anyone can drive from Asheville to Knoxville in a hour, I do not want to be in the car with them.

live in asheville, work sometimes in big waynesville, wife is from murr-ville.

knox is not an hour from Asheville. not even close id say more along 2 hrs, maybe longer

"No (the visit didn't make me feel stronger about UNC)," North said. "I already liked UNC a lot. My impression is that it is a good school and they are hungry for success."

"Coach (Fedora) just told me that I'm an explosive player and a key part to the plan," North said. "I talked to the whole coaching staff (while on the visit). (Sean) Tapley was my host and I talked to Quinshad Davis."

"I mostly enjoyed the academic facilities," he said.

North said, 'Yeah, I'm done,' when asked if he's finished taking official visits.

:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't sound overly impressed. Especially when he's on his official visit for football and the academic facilities were his favorite part. I'm feeling Vol on nsd

It may just be me, but he doesn't seemed very impressed at all. May just be due to having already known everything he was going to know about the school, but it still didn't seem like a great visit.

I mentioned that earlier that I do not think his visit to UNC this weekend would do much. I feel he knows where he wants to go after leaving Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
I mentioned that earlier that I do not think his visit to UNC this weekend would do much. I feel he knows where he wants to go after leaving Knoxville.

I'm hoping you're right TideWarrior, this kid is a playmaker and would find his best route to the NFL goes through Knoxville, TN.

You saying the ACC is the same level as a 2A school?

And 80 year old grandparents can't make the drive over the mountains. My grandma in Asheville can't make it to Knoxville an hour away.

Heck of a hike if you drive over the mountains..last time I wussed out and took 40...through the mountains
Posted via VolNation Mobile

we need to get a Vols fan crew together to catch a game or 2 this year, here in Asheville.

There used to be a group that met but they seemed to have disappeared over the last few years.

A small UA group was meeting on the north end. A huge UF group meet, I think still on the south side. The Hickory Tavern in Biltmore Park will setup a room or space if a group wants to meet up. I have seen some small USC and OSU groups there.

Once you pass Exit 44 on I40 the sign for Knoxville says 120 miles.

My in-laws live in Asheville. When we go to Knoxville it's usually from Aville so they can keep our son. It takes about an hour and 40 min

Edit

Since there seems to be plenty from Asheville here I should clarify. My in-laws live in Weaverville.

Last edited:
There used to be a group that met but they seemed to have disappeared over the last few years.

A small UA group was meeting on the north end. A huge UF group meet, I think still on the south side. The Hickory Tavern in Biltmore Park will setup a room or space if a group wants to meet up. I have seen some small USC and OSU groups there.

the frickin UG nuts had a big Ugga inflatable at BWW for the SECCG. it was irritating but i would love to watch with a bunch of Vols fans like that.

VN Store

Back