2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Austin Nichols to UT, and fairly soon. That's what I'm hearing as of this morning. Good job by Counzo getting Hubbs and Davis. I think that pressured Austin to pull the trigger, as UT "technically" had one scholarship left until the Spring.

This will be a top 10 class for UT. Better than a lot of Bruce's classes. Should give the Bruce Juicers something to think about.

The one scholarship deal? This has been addressed, we will take both, so why would he feel pressured?

Landry
Davis
Hubbs
Nichols
1 in the Spring, possibly.

That's good stuff. I think some of the Vol faithful would've liked to see a solid 4/5 man in this class, since it's possible that UT loses Stokes, Maymon and Hall next year. Perhaps there is a 5 man that Counzo is eyeing that will wait til the Spring to sign.

Right now, Dominic Woodson is the only one which fits the 5 man profile that Tennessee is really involved with, and to what degree of involvement is hard to tell. We made his top 10, for what that's worth. He is a teammate of Landry's at Huntington Prep. I will get a couple of chances to see them play this season.

Landry
Davis
Hubbs
Nichols
1 in the Spring, possibly.

That's good stuff. I think some of the Vol faithful would've liked to see a solid 4/5 man in this class, since it's possible that UT loses Stokes, Maymon and Hall next year. Perhaps there is a 5 man that Counzo is eyeing that will wait til the Spring to sign.

Jarvis Williams...could definitely be the name to watch.

Huntington Prep big men have no problem putting the ball in the basket at TBA. Signed, Patrick Patterson;)

Not seen much on Woodson but if we are in his top 10 then I feel confident. Seems like Martin is doing well getting who he wants

Huntington Prep big men have no problem putting the ball in the basket at TBA. Signed, Patrick Patterson;)

Not seen much on Woodson but if we are in his top 10 then I feel confident. Seems like Martin is doing well getting who he wants

Patterson played for Huntington High, not Huntington Prep. But yes, he was very good at putting the ball in the basket.

Woodson would be amazing, and would take him over J3 as our 5th any day of the week.

However, until that list get trimmed an we make it, I won't feel very confident.

I've felt good about Hubbs and Nichols for awhile now. I had no insider info but figured both of these would be in UT orange. Just wondering, where you heard this, are they reliable?

Never been worried about Nichols but JW3 would be icing on a very VERY decorated cake! Anything on JW3 btw?

Can't say anything for certain, but looks very doubtful. Didn't look good that UT would be getting both Nichols and JW3 anyways, and with the addition of Davis last night, there are no available schollies left for JW3 til the Spring when Stokes announces. He's not the kind of recruit that will be strung along.

I haven't heard that he has eliminated UT, however.

I wouldn't think JW3 would be strung along. He'd be taken care of it he wanted to play for the big orange. Someone else would be shown the door and quickly!!!!! I hope we get them both...I'm greedy :)

Can't say anything for certain, but looks very doubtful. Didn't look good that UT would be getting both Nichols and JW3 anyways, and with the addition of Davis last night, there are no available schollies left for JW3 til the Spring when Stokes announces. He's not the kind of recruit that will be strung along.

I haven't heard that he has eliminated UT, however.

That's incorrect, you can oversign by 1, J3 could committ and sign in November regardless of what stokes or anyone else does.

I wouldn't think JW3 would be strung along. He'd be taken care of it he wanted to play for the big orange. Someone else would be shown the door and quickly!!!!! I hope we get them both...I'm greedy :)

I don't think we get both, but this, he can't sign now info is wrong. You can sign one more than you have room for. We have room for 4, thus we can sign 5, and sort the numbers later.

Rob Lewis has already said the staff has confirmed to him this is their plan with Nichols and j3.

Ron Lewis has been told by staff they would absolutely take both and sign both early, and sort the numbers later.

I'm sure the staff would, but why would JW3 sign somewhere with a scholarship question? That's not mention the fact that UT's 2013 class is now fairly deep at the "flex 4" position.

I'm sure the staff would, but why would JW3 sign somewhere with a scholarship question? That's not mention the fact that UT's 2013 class is now fairly deep at the "flex 4" position.

I'm not saying he would, Infact I've said it's one or the other IMO. However, if he wanted to he could. He will be told someone is transferring when the seasons over and that will be hi scholarship, there will be no scholarship question, let's be honest.

Also, I've heard staff is ok with him at the 3...so the 4 committs wouldn't have a big impact.

Former player of coaching staff now at Huntington Prep. Not an alumni of Huntington Prep.

Trust me. He went to Huntington High. Played his senior season there with O.J. Mayo, who was denied eligibility by the OSSAA, I believe.

I really didn't know a Huntington High existed until you mentioned it TBH lol. I always thought Patterson played at Huntington Prep though.

Either way....I'd be FINE getting this kid! :rock:

Also, I figured Nichols would come to Bama a few weeks ago. I read something where he already seen a UT / UF game and being a big college football fan, I figured the next biggest game on our schedule at home was Bammer. IMO, Kid is just taking in a good football game and will be a Vol either way.

SIAP but Rucker on 247 said that Kevin Stallings had his in home visit w/ Austin on Saturday night during the UF/UT game & that supposedly Austin's dad was cheering very loudly for Tennessee & it annoyed Stallings. Lol.

Rucker said from the sources he has talked to Vandy isn't in the hunt that much & it's really down to UT/Duke.

Reactions: 1 person
SIAP but Rucker on 247 said that Kevin Stallings had his in home visit w/ Austin on Saturday night during the UF/UT game & that supposedly Austin's dad was cheering very loudly for Tennessee & it annoyed Stallings. Lol.

Rucker said from the sources he has talked to Vandy isn't in the hunt that much & it's really down to UT/Duke.

Not that this isn't awesome news, but how the hell does Wes Rucker know that? The Stallings/father part?

VN Store

Back