2010s All Decade Team

You have to remove Jennings. Darick, Malone and Denarious Moore have 3 of the top 10 receiving seasons in UT history.

Are we going off most talented or off production? Hurd has the 6th most yards all time and did it behind some crap lines.
Hurd has the yards he does because of volume. He wasn't a very efficient runner at all, especially his last year. Kamara (even John Kelly) made much better use of their touches behind the same crap lines.

Also shows how putrid our secondary has been in recent history when guys like Bryce Thompson (not because he's bad, because he's a true freshman with one year under his belt) and Brian Randolph merit consideration for an all-decade team.

Reactions: Andy Pulley
i might would consider a health marques north as well . we dont beat south Carolina without that one handed catch he had against them . where he basically pinned it against his body .

I know there is one more season to finish out this decade of Tennessee football, but I decided to go ahead a make an 'All Decade Team.' We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Josh Dobbs
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL Curt Maggitt
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Think RB has to go to Hurd, Kamara could have gotten it easily but the splinters in his arse would not allow it.

Hurd has the yards he does because of volume. He wasn't a very efficient runner at all, especially his last year. Kamara (even John Kelly) made much better use of their touches behind the same crap lines.

Also shows how putrid our secondary has been in recent history when guys like Bryce Thompson (not because he's bad, because he's a true freshman with one year under his belt) and Brian Randolph merit consideration for an all-decade team.

Randolph was a very good player for us throughout his career. Also Thompson is only considered based on trajectory. Can’t do much better than freshman all American

Randolph was a very good player for us throughout his career. Also Thompson is only considered based on trajectory. Can’t do much better than freshman all American
Brian Randolph was the best safety on our team for a number of years and a longtime starter. He was not a great SEC safety though. That's what I meant by it shows the poor quality of our secondary over the last 10+ years when Brian Randolph is one of the top 2-3 safeties we've had. He wouldn't have even started on a lot of other SEC teams, much less be in the conversation for one of a team's top safeties of the last decade.

Brian Randolph was the best safety on our team for a number of years and a longtime starter. He was not a great SEC safety though. That's what I meant by it shows the poor quality of our secondary over the last 10+ years when Brian Randolph is one of the top 2-3 safeties we've had. He wouldn't have even started on a lot of other SEC teams, much less be in the conversation for one of a team's top safeties of the last decade.

Completely disagree with the fact he wouldn’t of started on a lot of other sec teams.

I vote we retire this idea for the 2010s. Bring it back in the 2020s if we are any good...
I'll take the 89 - 91 teams all day long.

If someone never got to see Chuck Webb run, then they truly missed out.
Still crushes my heart when he blew the knee, and figured it would be just a matter of time before the turf came up after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: spyfish007
We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Tyler Bray
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL/LB Curt Maggitt
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

I made a couple of changes since I originally posted this. I'd like to see what others come up with. WR and LB were the toughest to pick.

I’d put bray over Dobbs

He’s more talented, but name one game of note we won with Bray. Almost every highlight for UT in the 2010’s involved Josh Dobbs. 2014 comeback at South Carolina. Beating UGA twice. Beating Florida. Winning 3 straight bowls in dominant fashion. Dobbs is the QB of the 2010’s, by far imo.

He’s more talented, but name one game of note we won with Bray. Almost every highlight for UT in the 2010’s involved Josh Dobbs. 2014 comeback at South Carolina. Beating UGA twice. Beating Florida. Winning 3 straight bowls in dominant fashion. Dobbs is the QB of the 2010’s, by far imo.

Its Dobbs and not even close. From what they stood for to how they played the game. Dobbs won Bray did not and sometimes quit. Sorry but having a great arm doesn't put him above Dobbs.

We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Tyler Bray
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL/LB Curt Maggitt
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Rather have Da'Rick Rogers over Justin Hunter. Rogers was truly an alpha at receiver. Now that I think about it, he was sort of like Jennings in a sense of attitude and physicality.

Its Dobbs and not even close. From what they stood for to how they played the game. Dobbs won Bray did not and sometimes quit. Sorry but having a great arm doesn't put him above Dobbs.

But winning isn't a QB stat (Screw blue font, this is Orange Country damn it!)

Reactions: perico
But winning isn't a QB stat (Screw blue font, this is Orange Country damn it!)
LOL.

Seriously... Bray had a better arm, but give Dobbs Rogers, Hunter, and Patterson along with his wheels.

Dobbs was our decade MVP on offense and it’s not that close.

Reactions: KBVol
QB Tyler Bray
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL/LB Curt Maggitt
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry
Dobbs instead of Bray at QB and Rivera over Stocker at TE. imho. Good list though.

Oh yeah Warrior. I'd prob take him at S w Gaulden at the other. Warrior has another year and will make waves I'm. Gaulden was great.
Warrior? He’s had 3.25 poor years and about 5-6 really good games this year where we all look and say “thank God” and “finally, what took so long”. Also, Warrior is a senior, doesn’t have another year.

As far as Gaulden, for the purposes of this list, I’d probably take him as an all decade safety as well, but he was primarily a nickle while here.

Warrior? He’s had 3.25 poor years and about 5-6 really good games this year where we all look and say “thank God” and “finally, what took so long”. Also, Warrior is a senior, doesn’t have another year.

As far as Gaulden, for the purposes of this list, I’d probably take him as an all decade safety as well, but he was primarily a nickle while here.

Dang. That was before the season KB. I'm a prophet concerning NW I guess. LOL.

Forgot @ this thread. But yeah, I'd take NW and RS at safety for the decade. Both good players.

Yeah, what took so long is right. But it's the Vol way ... He's now ready for his pro HoF career.

VN Store

Back