2010s All Decade Team

Andy Pulley

We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Tyler Bray
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL/LB Curt Maggitt
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Last edited:
Cool idea a bit early. But I'll add my infallible opinions ...

RB - taking out all - emotions, I'd have to honestly go w the production of that other guy. We talking at UT.

DL - EG must be a forecast. But, man it's truly hard to fill up a 4 man all star group out of a whole decade. That'll answer some reason for our suckage.

DB - I'd go w Janzen at the other S, but not much body of work there.

WR - People won't like this. But, DaRick had a dominant 1st team All-SEC season and one handed 4th down game winning TD grab to beat Vandy. None of your 3 approached his production that year.

PR should be Cam. Don't think CP was used there. And at KR ... wow, I can't say. That's a tossup between 2 all time greats.

** If we had this entire team together, I'd give our game against Bama a tossup. Now that's sad! **

Cool idea a bit early. But I'll add my infallible opinions ...

RB - taking out all - emotions, I'd have to honestly go w the production of that other guy. We talking at UT.

DL - EG must be a forecast. But, man it's truly hard to fill up a 4 man all star group out of a whole decade. That'll answer some reason for our suckage.

DB - I'd go w Janzen at the other S, but not much body of work there.

WR - People won't like this. But, DaRick had a dominant 1st team All-SEC season and one handed 4th down game winning TD grab to beat Vandy. None of your 3 approached his production that year.

PR should be Cam. Don't think CP was used there. And at KR ... wow, I can't say. That's a tossup between 2 all time greats.

** If we had this entire team together, I'd give our game against Bama a tossup. Now that's sad! **
I almost put Janzen over Randolph. I'm hoping that some players next season will be on this list.

Last edited:
You have to remove Jennings. Darick, Malone and Denarious Moore have 3 of the top 10 receiving seasons in UT history.

Are we going off most talented or off production? Hurd has the 6th most yards all time and did it behind some crap lines.

I know there is one more season to finish out this decade of Tennessee football, but I decided to go ahead a make an 'All Decade Team.' We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Josh Dobbs
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL Curt Maggitt
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Medley is one of the worst kickers in program history. Palardy was a much better placekicker, and he was spotty until his senior year.

And, Emmitt Gooden? Emmitt has some really good promise, I think he’ll easily be our best DT next year....but he’s played 9-10 games, has about 30 or so career tackles and a sack. Little premature imho.

Reactions: k-town_king
You have to remove Jennings. Darick, Malone and Denarious Moore have 3 of the top 10 receiving seasons in UT history.

Are we going off most talented or off production? Hurd has the 6th most yards all time and did it behind some crap lines.
I just picked them based on who i thought was best, not by stats or anything.
Wide receivers were the toughest choices for me because there were so many good ones. Throw in Gerald Jones and Pig in there with the guys you mentioned.
I think Kamara would've put up better numbers than Hurd if they had equal carries.

Medley is one of the worst kickers in program history. Palardy was a much better placekicker, and he was spotty until his senior year.

And, Emmitt Gooden? Emmitt has some really good promise, I think he’ll easily be our best DT next year....but he’s played 9-10 games, has about 30 or so career tackles and a sack. Little premature imho.
It's hard to choose a 2nd DT. I guess Shy could be the better choice. McKenzie and big Dan were the other 2 I thought of.

Big Dan.

It's so sad to see how some of the players "became" good players after leaving our coach malpractice

Have we every done an all time Vols all century team? Outside of Manning as qb and White as a DL there would be a ton of debate. Would any of those Neyland teams still have any players included? I’m sure there have been all century teams but anything that runs through last season?

I know there is one more season to finish out this decade of Tennessee football, but I decided to go ahead a make an 'All Decade Team.' We've had some great players throughout this decade; some broke records, a few got drafted, others transferred, and some were injured. I did my best to come up with a starting line-up for offense, defense and special teams. There were some difficult choices at many positions. My list is not necessarily based on production. Yours will probably be different, here's mine:
QB Josh Dobbs
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL Curt Maggitt
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Really omitting Mychal Rivera at TE?

Reactions: strongj81
QB Josh Dobbs
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Justin Hunter
WR Josh Malone
WR Jauan Jennings
TE Luke Stocker
OL Tiny Richardson
OL Trey Smith
OL Dallas Thomas
OL Zach Fulton
OL Ja'Wuan James

DL Derek Barnett
DL Malik Jackson
DL Emmitt Gooden
DL Curt Maggitt
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin
LB AJ Johnson
LB Daniel Bituli
DB Cam Sutton
DB Bryce Thompson
DB Rashaan Gaulden
DB Brian Randolph

PTrevor Daniel
K Aaron Medley
PR Cordarrelle Patterson
KR Evan Berry

Coleman instead of Thompson. Rivera over stocker. James stone gets snubbed but I agree with the 5 you have mentioned. Could debate gaulden and warrior as well

Coleman instead of Thompson. Rivera over stocker. James stone gets snubbed but I agree with the 5 you have mentioned. Could debate gaulden and warrior as well

Oh yeah Warrior. I'd prob take him at S w Gaulden at the other. Warrior has another year and will make waves I'm. Gaulden was great.

Reactions: Andy Pulley

VN Store

Back