'20 VA C Dylan Cardwell

His English sounded pretty broken to me and he could have had the questions in advance, but now that I'm thinking about it it might have been Yves that struggled with English. I'll find out at the next home game, so get back with me in 5 or 6 months. Find a clip of ORN also. There's a chance that it was him. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't Vescovi.
It’s Pons you are thinking about...ORN has been in the states for a bit and attended high school here, Vescovi is fluent in multiple languages, Pons was the one who struggled as we literally brought him straight over from France.

It’s Pons you are thinking about...ORN has been in the states for a bit and attended high school here, Vescovi is fluent in multiple languages, Pons was the one who struggled as we literally brought him straight over from France.

Probably so, but you'd think he wouldn't be too bad after being here for a couple of years. They spoke to the player last summer or early fall. I can't remember when Uros arrived, but I don't remember him being late. Remind me in 6 months and I'll find out for certain which player cain't talk good English.

His English sounded pretty broken to me and he could have had the questions in advance, but now that I'm thinking about it it might have been Yves that struggled with English. I'll find out at the next home game, so get back with me in 5 or 6 months. Find a clip of ORN also. There's a chance that it was him. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't Vescovi.
Just watched a video clip interview with ORN. He sounds perfect. Maybe like he could be from Chicago or New York. Not even an accent. Vescovi's English is really good as well. I think you're remembering a couple of years ago that Pons understanding of spoken English was lagging a little. I think he's fine now.

Yves definitely struggled. I'd lay down money that's who you are thinking of.

Just watched a video clip interview with ORN. He sounds perfect. Maybe like he could be from Chicago or New York. Not even an accent. Vescovi's English is really good as well. I think you're remembering a couple of years ago that Pons understanding of spoken English was lagging a little. I think he's fine now.

It came from a family member of a player that spoke to other players at a family event. I think that I asked how well Vescovi spoke English and IIRC, SV was fine BUT ____?____ struggled. Their conversation was late last summer or early fall. I probably asked about 3 months ago, after Vescovi had joined.

But back to point, communication probably isn't a strength of UP's.

Reactions: tennrich1
Thanks

I’d also add that claiming people with accents have communication problems is very shortsighted. Might want to stop trying to be a speech expert yourself.

Well aren't you the woke, virtue signaler.

Kind of ironic that you're trying to defend a guy that you just suggested was un-athletic. You might want to stop being the hypocrital critic yourself.

Last edited:
Well aren't you the woke, virtue signaler.

Kind of ironic that you're trying to defend a guy that you just suggested was un-athletic. You might want to stop being the hypocrital critic yourself.

Meh. This is a board where we talk about athletics and a players athleticism is very much appropriate.

Reactions: pimo1
One poster is obsessed with the other's opinion and follows him around thread to thread. Fits one definition of being a troll.

I definitely don’t think Chandler is a Duke lock, I think Tennessee probably has a slight lead in that one...and yes, landing Banchero first would only help their chances with Chandler imo.
Bleed, if McClung signs how to you see the Chandler recruitment go?

VN Store

Back