'20 NC SF Josh Hall

I think, or at least hope, what Bruin was saying wasn’t as much that we are slow playing Hall, but that he is seemingly good with waiting and just wants consistent contact and to build relationships with staff. If he’s willing to be slow played and hold til spring we probably are more than willing to go along with that and not try to force an early decision.

Agreed

I think, or at least hope, what Bruin was saying wasn’t as much that we are slow playing Hall, but that he is seemingly good with waiting and just wants consistent contact and to build relationships with staff. If he’s willing to be slow played and hold til spring we probably are more than willing to go along with that and not try to force an early decision.
The downside to which is that the bluebloods who suddenly find themselves with open spots in the spring tend to jump in on this type of kid. From a competition standpoint, our best chance of landing him probably is if we get him in the fall. But then again, spots are limited. A catch-22, I guess.

Last edited:
The downside to which is that the bluebloods who suddenly find themselves with open spots in the spring tend to jump in on this type of kid. From a competition standpoint, our best chance of landing him probably is if we get him in the fall. But than again, spots are limited. A catch-22, I guess.
Lol

The downside to which is that the bluebloods who suddenly find themselves with open spots in the spring tend to jump in on this type of kid. From a competition standpoint, our best chance of landing him probably is if we get him in the fall. But than again, spots are limited. A catch-22, I guess.
That’s very possible, I will say though that with his comments about relationships and seemingly not allowing people to just jump in would at least give some optimism he wouldn’t allow that to happen.

That’s very possible, I will say though that with his comments about relationships and seemingly not allowing people to just jump in would at least give some optimism he wouldn’t allow that to happen.
Very possible, and I considered that, too. Hopefully he means it. But then, I guess it is entirely possible that schools like UNC, Duke, UK, etc. establish contact now and then maintain contact throughout the process so that they aren't completely foreign to each other come spring.

It's also possible that if they don't establish that early contact that the kid is simply star-struck in March when they begin to reach out.

A lot of variables to consider, I guess.

That article make it sound like unc is the choice is they will take him. Im
Sure they are putting in at least some time buiding a relationship in case that happens

Very possible, and I considered that, too. Hopefully he means it. But then, I guess it is entirely possible that schools like UNC, Duke, UK, etc. establish contact now and then maintain contact throughout the process so that they aren't completely foreign to each other come spring.

It's also possible that if they don't establish that early contact that the kid is simply star-struck in March when they begin to reach out.

A lot of variables to consider, I guess.
No doubt, if you’re Tennessee you continue to recruit him hard and if you miss oh well, there’s other guys on the board. He’s obviously not a fall back option for Tennessee but he’s also 1 of many guys on the board they really like.

What is your overall impression of the small forward group, and who stands out to you as someone to keep a close eye on moving forward?
This is another strong group. What really stands out with this group is the number of big and skilled guys who can play some shooting guard, small forward or even as small-ball four men. Since the winter, Josh Hall has risen from just outside of the rankings all the way to the national top 25. He’s a legit 6-foot-8, has arguably the best-looking jump shot in the class and just seems to be scratching at his overall potential.
-Rivals

LOL - I just read this whole thread thinking it was all recent stuff. To say I was confused is an understatement. I need coffee!

That would be 2 in a row for NC State. Jalen Lecque jilted them last year

Tennessee kept pursuing Lecque in the spring, but they seemed to cool on Hall this past fall and this would seemingly be why, apparently this was rumored to be likely for awhile. Tennessee seemed to have a decent shot at him early on but never really pushed, same for a lot of teams.

VN Store

Back