EasyMoneySniper
l3xso7mvwbotw6tasouy

Moravian Prep Academy
Hickory, NC
6'9

Rivals

Tennessee Offered

Last edited:
Recruiting wise, as was reported earlier this week by Rivals’ Corey Evans and talked about some on the board, Tennessee extended an offer to forward Josh Hall from Hickory, N.C. The 6-foot-9 Hall has seen his stock absolutely sky rocket this spring due to his performance on the NIKE EYBL circuit. At 6-foot-9, he can play on the perimeter, showed solid ball-handling and impressed with his ability to knock down shots from behind the arc. He’s gone from someone who was flying under the radar with some nice, but not spectacular offers to a player who Rivals' national analyst Eric Bossi wrote last week could contend for five-star status if he follows up his spring performance with a strong summer. With Tennessee now having officially thrown its hat in the ring with a firm offer it will be interesting to see if Rick Barnes’ can get some mileage out of sharing the same hometown with Hall.
-VQ

Another interesting note is that Hall reclassified from the 2021 class to the 2020 class back in December. So he's super young, too.

???

I thought he went from 2019 to 2020
Might've been that, not sure. I saw on his Twitter that he reclassified. Don't usually see kids reclassify that direction, so I assumed.

Edit: I guess if he's at a prep school, then he probably did reclassify from 2019 to 2020. My bad!

I'm confused. Is he 2020 or 21? No matter. This kid is smooth. Like his game. I'd love to have him.

Made the list for the 12 players in 2020 and 2021 who have boosted their stock this spring and in line for a big rankings climb.
Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Maryland, Miami, NC State, Pittsburgh, Texas, Virginia Tech and Xavier have all offered since early April. The secret is starting to get out on Hall and after just cracking the 2020 Rivals150 in the winter he has moved up some thanks to players reclassifying. Pushing 6-foot-9 he has a pure jump shot, moves effortlessly around the perimeter with the ball and looks to have a very high ceiling. He's in position to contend for five-star status.
-Rivals

Last edited:
That's the first video I have watched of him. Holy cow, if that dude is a legit 6'9 wow. How was he so underrated? Guess he developed alot because that kid is a very smooth athlete at his size and very skilled. Plays with some passion. Let's land this kid!

@bleedingTNorange
Smooth shooting four-star wing Josh Hall burst onto the national scene with a strong junior season. He's continued into the spring and has become one of the most sought after players in the country. In California for the Pangos All-American Camp, Hall was asked if his rise has been more of a matter of exposure or him getting much better in a short amount of time. "I think it's been both," said Hall. "My coaches have been trusting me and putting the ball in my hands all while we've been playing in top notch events. I'm proving what I can do with the exposure. "I've always had the jump shot. It was a little bit of putting the shooting off the dribble into my game and all of that is coming with strength. When I was younger people would knock me off my spots but now I feel like I can get to my spots a little bit easier." Hall has been on the campuses of East Carolina (where his father Quincy Hall played for head coach Joe Dooley during his first stint as head coach), Wake Forest and N.C. State and they've all offered. He also mentioned Florida, Kansas, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rutgers and Texas as just a few of the many others who have offered and are chasing hard. More recently, North Carolina has expressed interest in keeping him home.
Because of his size, skill and ability to shoot the ball with deep, Hall has as much upside as any player in the class. He's a smooth scorer with a good feel for the game and he's going to be under serious consideration for a bump five-star status during our next rankings update. Chatter behind the scenes has been that if North Carolina makes him a priority that Roy Williams and the Heels could be tough to beat. So it's going to be interesting to see if Hall picks up an offer during his unofficial visit and if that idea holds true. Florida should get an official visit and it sounds like Rutgers could be getting a visit as well. Hall himself said that he's open at this point and unsure if he will commit before the early signing period or after his senior season. He's very aware of the process and is going to pay close attention to what happens after any early interest or offer from a school. "Relationships are important," said Hall. "A lot of schools, they offer people and then you don't hear back from them. Or a lot of schools you only talk to assistant coaches and you don't really hear from the head coach. I want to know and trust who I'm playing for."
-Rivals

Slow playing a potential 5 star recruit in basketball...UT? Don't know if that's the case, but the idea that we are at this level in recruiting...that it's even considered as a possibility...well, it makes me smile. Gonna enjoy Rick while we have him. Not gonna take even a single game for granted. To think this is a glimpse of what it's like to be a UNC/Duke/KY fan. Feels pretty damned good if I do say so. I could get used to this.

Slow playing a potential 5 star recruit in basketball...UT? Don't know if that's the case, but the idea that we are at this level in recruiting...that it's even considered as a possibility...well, it makes me smile. Gonna enjoy Rick while we have him. Not gonna take even a single game for granted. To think this is a glimpse of what it's like to be a UNC/Duke/KY fan. Feels pretty damned good if I do say so. I could get used to this.

There is no doubt we are in on a bunch of good players and we can’t take them all. You are correct this is a good place to be in

Reactions: CAVPUT
I think, or at least hope, what Bruin was saying wasn’t as much that we are slow playing Hall, but that he is seemingly good with waiting and just wants consistent contact and to build relationships with staff. If he’s willing to be slow played and hold til spring we probably are more than willing to go along with that and not try to force an early decision.

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back