MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
wboxfbpu9nitpj5q9b1k

Sunrise Christian Academy
Bel Air, KS (via Australia)
6'3

Rivals

Reactions: sport3500
Tennessee’s 2020 board at guard is loaded. Stone represents yet another highly sought after prospect that Tennessee has managed to get in the door with early. Originally from Australia, Stone played his high school basketball in Birmingham the first two years of his stay in the states and has since moved on to and has turned himself into a Top-50 national prospect. He’s since moved on to Sunrise Academy in Kansas, which is where current Vol Derrick Walker played in high school. He’s got just about everyone in the SEC chasing him and has been a high-priority for both in-state programs for Auburn and Alabama.
Given his international background though distance from where he attends high school probably isn’t going to be a huge factor. Michigan has been mentioned as being involved as long with academic options like Vanderbilt and Northwestern though Stone hasn’t released any favorites. Stone made an unofficial visit to Tennessee this past basketball season and has gotten steady attention from this staff. His father played professionally in Australia and Stone’s game looks like that of someone who grew up around the game. He gets high marks for being fundamentally sound and can really score the ball in a variety of ways.
-VQ

Reactions: sport3500 and OnOne
Jayden Stone has continued to broaden his game, as the Australian combo guard remains one of the more highly touted prospects in the 2020 class. Stone discussed his game, the schools involved in his recruitment and the chances of his reclassification into the 2019 class.

“Playing the point, because obviously, I am 6-foot-3, 6-foot-4, you want to be able to be a big guard that can play multiple positions,” Stone said. “I think the point guard, developing my ballhandling and getting stronger off of the screen, reading plays and reacting, that has been big for me.”
There is a chance that Stone could enroll in college this fall, an avenue that Auburn and Baylor are pushing, though Alabama, Arkansas, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee are just a few of the others heavily involved for his commitment.

Alabama: “(Coach Nate Oats) came a couple of days ago, actually, and was over to one of my early-morning workouts. He came to see how I was doing. It has been good with him. He wants to play fast and that has been different compared to past years because they are used to having big guys, so I didn’t connect great with them. But him coming from Buffalo and with a new system, I think, as a player, you have to adapt to any environment, so I am just trying to play my game but I am just blessed to be here.”
Auburn: “I like Auburn. People think that I want to stay home, but I am already away from home. It will be interesting to see how they recruit me when I am in Kansas since I am close right now. Hopefully, they will be able to make some games and stuff and I am sure it will be a little bit different, but we will just have to see.”
Baylor: “I like Baylor, they text me every day. Baylor is a great school and has a lot of similarities. I get along with the coaches and I think that they have a good environment.”
Ohio State: “I don’t know a lot about them, but I know Coach Jake (Diebler). We developed a really good relationship. We will see what happens, and hopefully I will be able to get up onto campus and figure it out.”

Stone has plans on finishing his prep career at Sunrise Christian Academy this fall, though there is an opportunity for him to move up a year and into the 2019 class.
“There was a real big chance with me and my family discussing it and they wanted me to leave, but I think I have to do a couple of more courses to graduate,” he said. “I need to get one more science and if I finish it this summer, there is a possibility. As of right now, I am going to Sunrise. I am sticking to that plan. ... My dad wants me to go early, but we are just taking it one day at a time.”
Stone visited Baylor at the beginning of the week and hopes to visit a few others in the coming months.
“Auburn and I don’t know about officials yet since I have been so busy,” he said. “I am sure during the break of June, I will get some visits in.”
A 6-foot-3 prospect that can play both guard positions, Stone is valued greatly for his intellect in the backcourt, three-level scoring prowess and continued growth as a basketball player. There is a chance he could reclassify later this summer, but in the meantime look for his recruitment to expand, as Auburn and Baylor are two of the programs most talked about.

Staff must feels pretty confident about their chances with Cone if they haven’t mentioned reclassifying at all with Stone.

Please go to Baylor. This kid will absolutely kill it in Pearl’s system.

Staying in the 2020 class according to his Twitter. So, Cone, Bone, and stone are all out for this year. Guess we're going to look for a grad transfer PG.

Staying in the 2020 class according to his Twitter. So, Cone, Bone, and stone are all out for this year. Guess we're going to look for a grad transfer PG.
Not sure why people keep acting like there’s a massive hole at PG...we lost Bone and gained Josiah James, not sure it’s some major issue like people are acting it is.

I would go after a graduate transfer, but a nest available type situation, whether that be a guard, wing or big.

Reactions: k-town_king
Not sure why people keep acting like there’s a massive hole at PG...we lost Bone and gained Josiah James, not sure it’s some major issue like people are acting it is.

I would go after a graduate transfer, but a nest available type situation, whether that be a guard, wing or big.

Is James a true point though? It was my understanding he could play, but was more comboish. That said, I totally agree with the best available between guard or big. I think we are fine when it comes to the wing.

Reactions: rdk4121
Is James a true point though? It was my understanding he could play, but was more comboish. That said, I totally agree with the best available between guard or big. I think we are fine when it comes to the wing.
We mainly have combo guards. I think Turner was getting better at distributing at the end of the year. We don't know exactly what we'll get from James as far as PG duties. Bowden certainly isn't really one.

We're completely fine when it comes to the wing. Bowden, James, pons, Johnson, Gaines if needed. Heck pember might even be able to play the 3 in a pinch. Obviously C/PF is another area of concern, assuming grant isn't coming back. Gotta hope Burns, Kent, Nkamhoua, and/ or Pember are ready to go. Fulkerson should be able to give us consistent minutes at this point.

In truth, take the best available grad transfer (blackshear) and go from there.

Reactions: zaqhhh

It depends on what you want to define as a true point...he’s not 6’2” like most PG’s, but he can handle the ball, set guys up and can defend the point...he played PG on AAU circuit and also for USA during FIBA, it’s what he’s comfortable doing. He can play off the ball yes, but think Lonzo Ball, more than capable of running the point.

Reactions: zaqhhh
It depends on what you want to define as a true point...he’s not 6’2” like most PG’s, but he can handle the ball, set guys up and can defend the point...he played PG on AAU circuit and also for USA during FIBA, it’s what he’s comfortable doing. He can play off the ball yes, but think Lonzo Ball, more than capable of running the point.

And most importantly was recruited to play PG and we know Barnes doesn't play games on that front

We mainly have combo guards. I think Turner was getting better at distributing at the end of the year. We don't know exactly what we'll get from James as far as PG duties. Bowden certainly isn't really one.

We're completely fine when it comes to the wing. Bowden, James, pons, Johnson, Gaines if needed. Heck pember might even be able to play the 3 in a pinch. Obviously C/PF is another area of concern, assuming grant isn't coming back. Gotta hope Burns, Kent, Nkamhoua, and/ or Pember are ready to go. Fulkerson should be able to give us consistent minutes at this point.

In truth, take the best available grad transfer (blackshear) and go from there.
In short, PG isn't likely to be the strength it was this past season next year without Bone, but it isn't likely to be a defined weakness, either.

VN Store

Back