'20 KS PG Jayden Stone

I think he probably will stay at home and play for Kansas or Kansas State or Wichita State if he is offered by those programs.

Arriving in the United States over three years ago, Jayden Stone instantly became a high-major target. The Australian native has been a busy man of late as programs across the nation have entered the picture. A 6-foot-3 combo guard that can fill a variety of holes in the backcourt, Stone just completed official visits to Auburn and Michigan State earlier this month. Louisville and Tennessee are just two others in consistent contact with him, he told Rivals.com.
(Auburn)“I took an official there last week, so that was good. Auburn has been probably the hardest in my recruiting. It feels like a homey environment and they really want me; they stress that. I am just glad that I have an opportunity to go to a great program like that.”(Louisville)“They are pretty involved. It is on and off. I am not one to check my phone with my parents doing all of my recruiting stuff, so I don’t really have the chance to see all that stuff.”(Tennessee)“I hear from them every now and again. They have been wanting for me to get up there. One of the assistant coaches there, he saw me as kind of a young Zach Lavine type of player that he had recruited, a combo guy, kind of raw but in an athletic build. I think that he saw me in that type of role.”
Stone has one more visit that he would like to take before July arrives. “I am going to do one (official visit) to Baylor in the upcoming weeks,” he said. “I will have my mom come over, so that will be good.” Whenever it comes to selecting a college home, Stone has a good idea of what he is looking for. “There are so many things to take account of and I haven’t really circled in on it. I think the ability to know that you will get better there,” he said. “I just want to get better and have the chance to get to the league; that is my main goal.” Auburn has been one of the primary favorites for Stone throughout the past few years and while he will enroll at Sunrise Christian this fall and leave his Alabama abode, the Tigers remain a strong suitor. However, Michigan State has picked up traction with the Aussie guard, as has Baylor, as many others continue to try and find a way to get Stone on its own campus before a decision is made.
-Rivals

Ugh, this guy is going to go to Auburn and be a thorn in our side for several years like Lofton, Bryce Brown, and Jared Harper were for the rest of the SEC.

Ugh, this guy is going to go to Auburn and be a thorn in our side for several years like Lofton, Bryce Brown, and Jared Harper were for the rest of the SEC.

If he's smart he'll go to Michigan State where players develop.

VN Store

Back