2 insane stats

Florida’s schedule is brutal. 6-6 at best.

They better beat Mizzou, sC & Vandy. And they have 1 more non con game. That’s 6

I will say that yesterday will be the best game Florida plays this year. Their record after they’re eliminated isn’t strong

Reactions: ttocswob
We didn't even have Tillman today and torched the **** out of them

They torched us too. If that defensive lineman from the far right side hadn't broken through and got a piece of AR just as he threw the ball, Florida would have scored a TD and won. The Gator centered near goal line would have sped right in. The Gator on FAR right side was pretty much by himself over there. Which makes you wonder why AR didn't target him instead of the center guy. In either case, the ball went high and off target because of that lone DL guy who broke through and jolted AR.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those who referred to CBN as Florida' Butch Jones, I rolled my eyes. But now, I apologize. Do you recall Lyle Allen having our Vols do this:
Florida Gators Entire O-Line Doesn't Move During Bizarre Play Against Tennessee Vols (VIDEO)

Reactions: vols2345
But defense bad. How can we win if our defense bad??? Fire Heupel imo.
The same D that saved the day against Pitt, and besides the last 2 drives played good D most of the night. Especially the front 7, our secondary has work to do but I am confident they will get better as season progresses. Seems like we are better bringing 4 and sometimes 5 or 6. Our problems in the secondary get exposed when we don’t bring pressure or go with 3. Late in the game we played softer, our defense does good against the run. They do better in pass coverage when we at least pressure the passer and he has to make a quick decision. We need to scrap the prevent D with a 3 man front. GBO!

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I think there is a wide gap between UGA/BAMA/TENN and UK/Ole Miss/A&M.

I’m still not convinced UK is good as advertised.
Sorry but as much as we would all like you to be correct, UT is in that second group. We’re scrapping and there’s a chance we could knock off one of the top 2 but we’re still big underdogs against both. Go VOLS - great win!

Reactions: Jakeman12
I didn't take them going for all those 4th downs as disrespect for our D. I took it as CBN knowing that that was his only chance of keeping his team in the game.
Agreed, I thought Naipier was playing scared from the start taking unnecessary low percentage risks. Most of them worked out but they were still gambles. Maybe they had to gamble or UT would have put up too many points but ultimately if they had taken one of those field goals and not moronicly gone for 2 they would have had a different end of game circumstance.

Reactions: tnvolswmd
Agreed, I thought Naipier was playing scared from the start taking unnecessary low percentage risks. Most of them worked out but they were still gambles. Maybe they had to gamble or UT would have put up too many points but ultimately if they had taken one of those field goals and not moronicly gone for 2 they would have had a different end of game circumstance.
I totally agree with you. I thought he came out scared. Fortunately for us a couple of his bone headed calls didn't work out and cost his team. Unfortunately for us most of his gambling paid off and made the game a lot closer than it ever should have been.
If they don't recover the onside kick I think I and many others would've enjoyed the win a lot more and there wouldnt be as much complaining. I admit I started celebrating way too early and having to come down and get nervous at the end was tough.
The thing that irritated me the most about the game was looking across the stadium and seeing more empty seats right behind our sideline than in the rest of the stadium combined.
Also, after rewatching the last half of the 4th today, how in the world was that not blocking in the back right before Florida's last TD? I think it was the pass that set them up 1st and goal. Our guy was engaged with a lineman when another one of their lineman came and pushed him for a good 5 yds in the back.

Reactions: vols2345
You think that’s a UT scheming thing? Or just a breakdown/brain fart from Floridian’s secondary?

Btw, thanks for being a standup fan. I haven’t seen all your posts on here but from the ones I have seen, you seem like a decent guy. So from a Vol to a Gator, thanks 👍🏻

Both, but that's the way it should be.

It was less your receivers and more Hooker. UF defense gave up two of the three long passes I recall essentially uncontested with blown coverages.

Not taking anything away from the UT passing game, don't get me wrong. But I do feel that the long passes were largely UF defense miscues
Heupel’s system does that to a lot of teams. The wide splits and tempo really do cause issues. There is at minimum 3 huge blown assignments from the defenses we play every single game. So you can give credit to Heupel on those 😜

It’s Great to be a Tennessee Vol, I said it’s Great to be a Tennessee Vol!!!! 🍊🍊🍊🧡🧡🧡

They torched us too. If that defensive lineman from the far right side hadn't broken through and got a piece of AR just as he threw the ball, Florida would have scored a TD and won. The Gator centered near goal line would have sped right in. The Gator on FAR right side was pretty much by himself over there. Which makes you wonder why AR didn't target him instead of the center guy. In either case, the ball went high and off target because of that lone DL guy who broke through and jolted AR.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those who referred to CBN as Florida' Butch Jones, I rolled my eyes. But now, I apologize. Do you recall Lyle Allen having our Vols do this:
Florida Gators Entire O-Line Doesn't Move During Bizarre Play Against Tennessee Vols (VIDEO)
that gimmick play screamed sun belt andy

Truth is, they were 5 for 6 on fourth down conversions. That's six instances where normal teams would've punted. Maybe defense wasn't as bad as most think
You realize when a team goes 5 for 6 on 4th down against you , that is literally bad defense

No it doesn't. Check the stats. Teams don't go for it, generally, cause it leaves them in a tough position if they don't convert. If you got nothing to lose, go for it. Hats off to Florida coach for "letting em hang'

Sorry but as much as we would all like you to be correct, UT is in that second group. We’re scrapping and there’s a chance we could knock off one of the top 2 but we’re still big underdogs against both. Go VOLS - great win!

If we are indeed undefeated when Bama rolls into Knoxville, I will be very shocked if we are an underdog by more than 6.5. I do expect us to be the underdog obviously, but I think there is light day difference between us and UK/Ole Miss / Arky / A&M.

VN Store

Back