2 insane stats

It was less your receivers and more Hooker. UF defense gave up two of the three long passes I recall essentially uncontested with blown coverages.

Not taking anything away from the UT passing game, don't get me wrong. But I do feel that the long passes were largely UF defense miscues
I'll give you that, but the WRs were on the money themselves. Have been all year. Actually, Tillman was the one who had drops against Pitt.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
How about crediting the play designs? Heupel & Co. are scheming receivers open more and more as everyone gets comfortable with the system, and it has to be brutal for any defense to deal with.
This is the most impressed I've been of the playcalling, me thinks.

Reactions: sami
It was less your receivers and more Hooker. UF defense gave up two of the three long passes I recall essentially uncontested with blown coverages.

Not taking anything away from the UT passing game, don't get me wrong. But I do feel that the long passes were largely UF defense miscues
Yes they were miscues. But don’t act like we wouldn’t have gashed Florida on those drives anyway.

Seems like UT gets a lot of those uncovered receivers over the past 2 seasons, luck?

Josh Heupel is the first Vols head coach to have three wins over Top-20 opponents in his first 17 games since Phillip Fulmer.

Florida is 0-2 in SEC play for the first time since 1986 when the on-probation Gators started their conference schedule with a 21-7 home loss against Alabama and 16-10 road defeat at Mississippi State.

Noice! I'll add one. First time to lose to both UT and UK in the same year since 1955. :p

Josh Heupel is the first Vols head coach to have three wins over Top-20 opponents in his first 17 games since Phillip Fulmer.

Florida is 0-2 in SEC play for the first time since 1986 when the on-probation Gators started their conference schedule with a 21-7 home loss against Alabama and 16-10 road defeat at Mississippi State.

First time in about 50 year that FL lost to KY and TN in the same season.

Seems like UT gets a lot of those uncovered receivers over the past 2 seasons, luck?

Posted on another board by a poster I respect....."our coaches are great at creating matchup issues". There was a specific reference to an in and out movement presnap that confused the safety on one of the long Bru catches where he was wide open. I would say scheming can get players open? Ya think?

I don't think either secondary had a great game, except for the last play.

Posted on another board by a poster I respect....."our coaches are great at creating matchup issues". There was a specific reference to an in and out movement presnap that confused the safety on one of the long Bru catches where he was wide open. I would say scheming can get players open? Ya think?

Thats too complicated for me, all I know is we never got any of those before and now they seem to happen all the time. UT is not that lucky, so?

Planned miscues, Heupels offense is built around speed of play causing chaos and coverage confusion and it is effective.

Our defense seems to show up in flashes in this game. With our two turnovers that costed points is what helped Florida be closer than they really should have been. That horrible conservative play calling from Josh in the 4th quarter was bad as well. No good reason why we couldn't have picked up the first downs we needed to keep the ball and just run out the last few minutes of the game instead Florida nearly came back and won. A lot to work on during this bye week and I know this coaching staff will have the players working hard to correct those mistakes. Either way we won enjoy it and let's celebrate tonight then get to work on Monday. Go Vols!

How about crediting the play designs? Heupel & Co. are scheming receivers open more and more as everyone gets comfortable with the system, and it has to be brutal for any defense to deal with.

I give them credit, of course. They saw it and took advantage. Excellent in game coaching and kudos to Hooker for seeing those opportunities.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
What pissed me off was that dickhead Danielson referring to them as defensive mistakes without giving credit to the play calling and scheme that creates all these open opportunities. You'd think an ex-QB (albeit a half-assed one) would know better.

Yes because of the speeded-up offense.

Sure, we got lucky, had nothing to do with play calling or execution, just pure luck.

You think that’s a UT scheming thing? Or just a breakdown/brain fart from Floridian’s secondary?

Btw, thanks for being a standup fan. I haven’t seen all your posts on here but from the ones I have seen, you seem like a decent guy. So from a Vol to a Gator, thanks 👍🏻

VN Store

Back