1st

Can someone with the stats list all of the negative "1st" that HW has compiled during her tenure as head coach? Post it here so the AD can see all of them. Thanks in advance. Here, I will start.

"Another streak came to a halt Thursday. The Lady Vols will finish under .500 in the SEC for the first time in school history."

Last edited:
Can someone with the stats list all of the negative "1st" that HW has compiled during her tenure as head coach? Post it here so the AD can see all of them. Thanks in advance. Here, I will start.

"Another streak came to a halt Thursday. The Lady Vols will finish under .500 in the SEC for the first time in school history."
Rest assured...the AD knows. Soon.

Reactions: Benionsopinion

Not sure Freak would allow a 10,000 line post

Reactions: Manning Up and T.J.
The only 'first' our AD cares about is football. Fulmer will focus on that first and foremost while continuing to pay CHW $600k+ to coach a women's basketball team that can't fight its way out of a paper bag. Besides, he still remembers his own firing. He'll give his friend a mulligan this year. His best bet would be to start sending flowers to the tournament selection committee.

Reactions: PG1
The only 'first' our AD cares about is football. Fulmer will focus on that first and foremost while continuing to pay CHW $600k+ to coach a women's basketball team that can't fight its way out of a paper bag. Besides, he still remembers his own firing. He'll give his friend a mulligan this year. His best bet would be to start sending flowers to the tournament selection committee.
If Evina and Rennia transfer after this season...which they (along with pretty much the entire team) should do if Holly is still coaching...then this season will be a banner year by comparison.

If Horston is still willing to come play for Holly, she must be a glutton for punishment.

Worst nightmare for the program when they named her head coach. Many saw it coming and others knew it but wanted to ignore it. Now the program is a dumpster fire.

I knew she was the wrong choice from the get go. Losing her first game to Chattanooga was an omen. Holly stated Pat lost her first game, too. Now here we are 7 years later some debating whether the LVs will make the NCAA tourney.

This is the saddest moment of my life as a Lady Vol fan.

I knew she was the wrong choice from the get go. Losing her first game to Chattanooga was an omen. Holly stated Pat lost her first game, too. Now here we are 7 years later some debating whether the LVs will make the NCAA tourney.

Sadly, I defended her during her first 2 seasons. I thought that she would get the job done. It wasn't until Diamond's first year playing that I realized she was in over her head, and she's just gotten progressively worse. It's almost like Present Holly asks, "Can I BE any worse of a coach?" and Future Holly says, "Hold my beer".

She really has been a complete disaster as a coach. Inconceivable.

Reactions: glv98 and lvocd

Losing to Chattanooga was a huge red flag. Holly was given a trial run the year before and looked subpar.

The Lady Vols were not a nationally recognized brand and elite program when Pat started. There was good possibility most programs were at the same level. It wasn't like Holly lost to Notre Dame.

Rest assured...the AD knows. Soon.

Agree! This Vandy game (farce) should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Have never seen a Lady Vol's team look so unconcerned. Not sure they should even be referred to as Lady Vols basketball players. They are an insult to the name. I do not think it's all their fault. The next HC will find out soon. As in the football program, will be time to put up or leave.

I think you are wrong. Granted football is first because it has the ability to make the most money. But AD Fulmer is all about winning and he nor anyone else on the "hill" wants to see this proud program drift to the pile of has been's of sports.

This team doesn't have a snowballs chance of making noise in that tourney anyway. So, this should make Phil's job a lot easier in a few weeks.

Reactions: T.J. and 10cpride
If Holly's buyout is large...she may coach another year. The women's team loses money and to absorb another head coaching salary (new hire) on top of a buyout might make him hold out another year. Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: BreatheUT
If Holly's buyout is large...she may coach another year. The women's team loses money and to absorb another head coaching salary (new hire) on top of a buyout might make him hold out another year. Just thinking out loud.
If Holly is back for 2019-2020 there will be about 10 fans in attendance for every LadyVols home game in TBA.

This is my only reservation. It was probably a bad contract extension to begin with. A marginally successful coach given a contract that handicaps the program in a revenue losing sport. There was a time when the program was break even but hiring Holly made those days gone in the wind. In the grand scheme maybe it was a way to give Holly a swan song "if" it didn't work out and it hasn't. Big surprise.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
She was so mad at the players lack of concern against Vanderbilt she told them to give back their uniforms and find their own way home, then she remembered it was a home game.

I think our season will end and the story will read Holly steps down. I don't think it will say fired even though that is what it will actually be. They will let her save face and step down saying team needs a new direction. Then we'll see what Phil can do to get an effective coach to come in here. Who will still be here as players and what we face in the new coaches first season. A lot to be determined but a lot of noise already about Holly not being allowed to return so gonna be a big off season for Tennessee women's basketball.

I think our season will end and the story will read Holly steps down. I don't think it will say fired even though that is what it will actually be. They will let her save face and step down saying team needs a new direction. Then we'll see what Phil can do to get an effective coach to come in here. Who will still be here as players and what we face in the new coaches first season. A lot to be determined but a lot of noise already about Holly not being allowed to return so gonna be a big off season for Tennessee women's basketball.

My guess is when/if she steps down that it won’t be anything so dramatic as her doing it immediately after the last loss of the season. I suspect that it won’t happen while it could detract any more attention from the post-season tournaments than Tennessee not being there will already do.

I really believe that she, like ANYone in her position would, will very much want to step down in as low-key a way as possible, and not want to be overly dramatic about it.

Holly will be publicly gracious about it, and will pledge her eternal love and support for the Tennessee Lady Vols and to whomever the next coach might be. And I will 100 percent believe her sincerit, because while she wasn’t cut out AT ALL to be a head coach, she’ll always remain a Lady Vol for Life.

Everything, until now, is purely supposition. I will believe HW is gone when it actually happens.

VN Store

Back