'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

If he could gain immediate eligibility then yes it’s a loss but if not, which seems likely, then why would you see it as one? Our staff got their guy at QB now 2 years in a row to mold for years. JT seems like a one year start and done player. I think this fan base is overreacting somewhat to missing out on him. It was a luxury for us. UGA I don’t believe has a single QB on their roster with SEC starting experience (we have 3) so it was more of a need for them to get a QB with some big time fb experience

Only reason it sux is because UGA's QB room got better. How much better is up for discussion. That being said, I'm fine with the guys we have. I feel pretty confident we can find a good starting QB among the folks we got.
Short term maybe. Vandergriff was sold on being the guy as soon as he sets foot on campus. His dad laid out the criteria for him and UGA no longer fits it.

Having a five star sure thing and then taking a high level transfer with 3 years of eligibility left is one interesting move. Based on the history there, at some point QB’s take note right?

Short term maybe. Vandergriff was sold on being the guy as soon as he sets foot on campus. His dad laid out the criteria for him and UGA no longer fits it.

Let’s say Vandergriff gets miffed and wants to come here. I know, highly unlikely but just for fun. How would CJP deal with that? How would Salter?

Quantity over quality...amirite? 😏

Football is crazy now. A guy like the titans OC gets hired at Green Bay because Of the rams success. Now all of a sudden the rams aren’t that sexy. Things seem to run in cycles but my post was based solely on resumes and there is zero doubt that TD resume was better than Brady’s. That certainly doesn’t mean he’s any where close to as good but the resume is a fact better.

Not worried. If Daniels gets immediate eligibility, then we get disgruntled Newman. If he doesn't get immediate eligibility, he wouldn't have been much help to us anyway. I know a lot of people were hoping we could land him and have him eligible for this season, but we'll be just fine.

Whos says he beats out Jamie Newman?
Not to mention Newman is a Grad Transfer.
He's only playing one year...

Football is crazy now. A guy like the titans OC gets hired at Green Bay because Of the rams success. Now all of a sudden the rams aren’t that sexy. Things seem to run in cycles but my post was based solely on resumes and there is zero doubt that TD resume was better than Brady’s. That certainly doesn’t mean he’s any where close to as good but the resume is a fact better.
I have doubt. See a lot of Marc Trestman when I look at said resume. Lauded young genius who took over that very good Cleveland Browns offense with Bernie Kosar at the strings...steadily went downhill from what Lindy Infante wrought. Kept on getting opportunities always fell a tad short. Could also see Paul Hackett but he never effed up my Bears. 😏

I have doubt. See a lot of Marc Trestman when I look at said resume. Lauded young genius who took over that very good Cleveland Browns offense with Bernie Kosar at the strings...steadily went downhill from what Lindy Infante wrought. Kept on getting opportunities always fell a tad short. Could also see Paul Hackett but he never effed up my Bears. 😏

I can’t say I have any strong feelings about his potential success at Ga other than to say I damn sure wish last years guy was still there.

Similar to why I wish CMR was still there. If we done our job we could out coach both. I’d rather have coley

I can’t say I have any strong feelings about his potential success at Ga other than to day I damn sure wish last years guy was still there.

Similar to why I wish CMR was still there. If we done our job we could out coach both. I’d rather have coley
It wasn’t going to happen because he wasn’t very good at coordinating offenses...and that was the job. Can’t live your fandom hoping other programs coaching sucks. Just hire better guys. 😎

Reactions: SmokinBob
Damm that was the 90s SEC plan. Very true that isn’t the case now
We never had the best X’s and O’s HC. Just great recruiter, closer and fundamentals instiller. Pruitt’s at least on par with the top football minds in the conference. Don’t think we’ve have that dynamic since Doug Dickey in the 60’s...which was before my time.

We never had the best X’s and O’s HC. Just great recruiter, closer and fundamentals instiller. Pruitt’s at least on par with the top football minds in the conference. Don’t think we’ve have that dynamic since Doug Dickey in the 60’s...which was before my time.

Yea regarding the 90s a great recruiter and good coordinators was the formula. Once Cut was gone Fulmer wasn’t elite enough to hang on. I think Kirby is very similar to Fulmer.

I get why this is bad, or at least not good.

But while I'm not overly optimistic about our current qb situation, I'm not worried about the future or the long term outlook.

This has boom or bust written all over it for Kirby and history says bust is more likely.

So we'll see.

VN Store

Back