'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

Can't remember. Was Newman already enrolled at UGA? If Daniels is declared eligible could he then find another program? Seems like the Dawgs may be setting themselves up for a PR nightmare if Daniels starts over Newman. The race thing with Fields/Fromm is still talked about around the state.

Believe Newman enrolled in January.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Come on down. Sounds like he is really close to pullIng the Trigger for TN. In a VQ article he was waiting to see what JT Daniels did.

View attachment 283367
Simpson I believe was always going to be a Vol as long as we recruited him. His dad is the coach of the sister school which was the college I went to for ROTC. On top of that, that whole area of Tennessee is basically All Vol, except for the weird Alabama bandwagoners who stopped following Tennessee after the Fulmer era. One of my good friends used to coach with his dad so I could possibly get a feel but I don’t usually do that sort of thing so I probably won’t. But yeah I think he will be a Vol.

Don’t care

Exactly what I thought when I heard he committed to UGA. It would have been nice if he came, but truthfully HB or Salter is our future. I know they both need time in the system and it may get bumpy this upcoming season (we’re all used to it by now). A lot like putting money in your savings, I’d rather invest in the future than blowing all your money on a “sure thing” that may or may not work out. Wish the kid well, he’ll need it.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm pretty confident Daniels isn't getting a waiver for next year. It's just a gut feeling. There doesn't seem to be any compelling reason for him to get one. So Kirby probably dodges the Newman/Daniels drama.
It would put Kirby in a tough spot if he fought for Daniels to be eligible while fighting against Mays getting the same treatment. Kirby is a dog though so I'm sure that's exactly what he'll end up trying.

He won’t be eligible. He wouldn’t go to UGa if he would be. It probably best he isn’t eligible. Needs to take time to recover from the knee fully

VN Store

Back