'18 VA RB Ricky Slade

Ricky is back on the market, hitting the portal. He was the #1 ranked all purpose back and #27 overall ranked player coming out in 18'. Must not be happy at PSU, maybe didn't want to compete with Cain. TN made his top 5 in 18'. Odds are he probably goes back home to VT or UVA.

Reactions: you and LittleVol
UF made his initial top 5 as well. Maybe the Gators make a run at him here since they didn't get the RB they really wanted and his Penn State teammate Justin Shorter has already transferred to UF.

Reactions: jakez4ut
UF made his initial top 5 as well. Maybe the Gators make a run at him here since they didn't get the RB they really wanted and his Penn State teammate Justin Shorter has already transferred to UF.
Good point. I might expect to see them go after the RB that is leaving Auburn too

Good point. I might expect to see them go after the RB that is leaving Auburn too

He may not of worked out at PSU for whatever reason, but I would rather not see him at UF, kid was scary good coming out of High School.

It's possible they take a look at Whitlow, but they have a couple of RBs similar to him already, so they probably want the speed guy, if they are even in the market.

Word is hes going to UVA or JMU. VT is a dumpster fire. Fuentes is running that place in the ground. another VA Rb has entered the Portal as well. Former teammate and brother of Treyveon Henderson, Ronnie Walker from Indiana. Uva is supposedly his destination.

Word is hes going to UVA or JMU. VT is a dumpster fire. Fuentes is running that place in the ground. another VA Rb has entered the Portal as well. Former teammate and brother of Treyveon Henderson, Ronnie Walker from Indiana. Uva is supposedly his destination.

UVA won their division and played Florida well for a half during their bowl game.
They're definitely on the way up. It would be interesting to see a strong UVA.

I still remember Thomas Jones running the pill for the Cavs.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
UVA won their division and played Florida well for a half during their bowl game.
They're definitely on the way up. It would be interesting to see a strong UVA.

I still remember Thomas Jones running the pill for the Cavs.
Listen here....just because he was from Big Stone Gap, doesn’t mean he was running pills.

Every time I see this thread bumped I think of The Kentucky Fried Movie and Big Jim Slade lol.

Reactions: The Dog
Fuente said anyone who enters the portal can't come back..not a good look...VT finished last in ACC recruiting...they will be bad for the next several years

And Fuente interviewed for the Baylor job after just completing his new staff!!! He even took his family along! WTH! Worst fit for VT football. I don't see him being around too much longer.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
And Fuente interviewed for the Baylor job after just completing his new staff!!! He even took his family along! WTH! Worst fit for VT football. I don't see him being around too much longer.
VT clearly doesn’t care enough about their FB program otherwise he’d be fired by now. Easiest division in Power 5 and he just signed the #82 recruiting class, dead last in the ACC. Unbelievable he still has a job.

Reactions: preacherwebb
VT clearly doesn’t care enough about their FB program otherwise he’d be fired by now. Easiest division in Power 5 and he just signed the #82 recruiting class, dead last in the ACC. Unbelievable he still has a job.
They probably gave him a stupid extension after the inaugural year in 2016

Every time I see this thread bumped I think of The Kentucky Fried Movie and Big Jim Slade lol.
I remember renting that movie when I was like a freshman in high school because I loved Richard Pryor. But, I was completely lost and turned it off after about 25 minutes. Don't remember much about the movie, but being confused and disappointed. I probably need to watch it again, now that I'm almost 50, I may finally get it

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Member when he was a homerun hire on this board?

VN Store

Back