'18 VA RB Ricky Slade

vince-vaughn-wink-o.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Ricky SladeJr ‼️3⃣ @NextBigThiing_
Received my 8th offer from Tennessee #GoVols #GBO
7:58 AM - 7 Nov 2014

Related to former UVA/NFL Chris Slade?

Would be great if OP could include if legacy or related to former NFL players.

Made his top 5 along with UF, Penn St, VT, and UNC.

I'll take those odds. Of those five, what team could offer him a better system than UT? UT runs the ball a TON. What team will have put possibly 2 running backs in the NFL after this year? Gotta go with Run CMG, Mr. Slade!

Related to former UVA/NFL Chris Slade?

Would be great if OP could include if legacy or related to former NFL players.

Sometimes when the individual threads are posted this stuff either isn't thought about or there is no information found about it. Thanks!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Slade tweeted on 1-12-17 that he has completely re-opened his recruitment up:

RS3⛏ ‏@TheSlade_Era

I no longer have a top 5 , my recruitment is wide open to anyone.

6:08 PM - 12 Jan 2017

Oh no whatever shall we do. We were looking so good at 5th place. And we only have a whole year to find someone else.

I'd love to beat out Franklin for this recruit. PSU is pressing him hard and showing him they want him in their class. He's one I wish our staff would get to Jr Day.

Franklin lands another one we had a great shot at getting. PSU off to a big start in 2018.

Last edited:
Probably referring to the thought that UT had QB Justin Fields in the fold for 18 until Penn State came along and he committed there.

Yeah, this. Two 5* players who we had a good chance with. "Stole" may not be the proper word. We never had either committed.

VQ put an article up yesterday with 12 targets for '18 class highlighted. 2 RB's listed are Fabian Franklin and Zamir White. Should have a good shot at Franklin if CRG wants him, same HS as Murphy from '17 class, and of course CRG's hometown. White is a heavy Clemson lean from what I've read.

Also, our staff has had multiple conversations lately with Fields. He's listening.

Reactions: 4 people
How can he steal someone who was never ours??

Look 3 posts above yours. I admitted "stole" wasn't the best word. Justin Fields and Slade were two guys we had greats shots at, and both chose PSU.

I edited my original post.

Look 3 posts above yours. I admitted "stole" wasn't the best word. Justin Fields and Slade were two guys we had greats shots at, and both chose PSU.

I edited my original post.

Clemson stole our NC this year. Pretty sure, Bama has been dipping into our decade of dominance too

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back