'18 TN RB Master Teague

Ohio State three-star running back commit Master Teague III was set to undergo surgery on Wednesday morning to repair a peroneal tendon subluxation, a condition in which the tendon snapped out of place in his left ankle.
“Everything went well and as planned,” Teague's father, Corey, told Eleven Warriors. “Took care of the tendon slippage issue and found that there was no tearing on the tendons and no ligament issues.”
The 5-foot-11, 210-pound Teague was in surgery for less than an hour.
The injury happened in Mufreesboro, Tennessee, Blackman’s rain-soaked win over Coffee County earlier this month. He finished the game, but washeld out for much of the next two weeks as he tried to recover in time for the Blaze’s highly anticipated matchup with Oakland on Friday.
Teague returned and rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns, but was limited in the second half of the 42-21 loss to the Patriots. He could have continued to play through the injury, but he and his family decided what will likely be season-ending surgery was the best way to move forward.
Teague, who rushed for 711 yards and 10 touchdowns in a little over four games this season, will be in a cast for two weeks and a walking boot for rehab thereafter. He will be fully recovered by the time he steps on campus in January as an early enrollee.

Why oh why does this keep happening to our players and recruits? Someone needs to grab Rock by his...what?...nm :gone:

Shameless bump here. I saw a few posts in the Football talk thread, but they get kinda lost in there. I have zero inside information, but I just think it would be a no-brainer for him to come play for us for a year as a Grad Transfer. We need a reliable "thumper" at the rb position. Is there anybody with any inside info that can shed some light, or do we just have normal rumors and speculation to go on at this point?

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Shameless bump here. I saw a few posts in the Football talk thread, but they get kinda lost in there. I have zero inside information, but I just think it would be a no-brainer for him to come play for us for a year as a Grad Transfer. We need a reliable "thumper" at the rb position. Is there anybody with any inside info that can shed some light, or do we just have normal rumors and speculation to go on at this point?
Kinda lost?

Renaming Neyland and making CJH an honorary fireman? Yes! Lost is an understatement :eek:

Reactions: volinSmyrna

It would definitely make sense especially if Evans decides he wants to go pro already as is rumored. We need a bigger physical back and he needs more playing time and closer to home. Look at what Whitehead can do in limited action because of scheme.. Teague would probably have a breakout year with this scheme. Not the type of train you want to jump in front off untouched st 2nd level

It would definitely make sense especially if Evans decides he wants to go pro already as is rumored. We need a bigger physical back and he needs more playing time and closer to home. Look at what Whitehead can do in limited action because of scheme.. Teague would probably have a breakout year with this scheme. Not the type of train you want to jump in front off untouched st 2nd level

I hope Tennessee looks elsewhere. I know this isnt popular but I'd not take instate kids that Tennessee recruited hard back if they elect to go elsewhere out of high school. Teague made the decision to go with O$U and thats where he should stay. Surely Heupel, with this offense, can find better than that.

I hope Tennessee looks elsewhere. I know this isnt popular but I'd not take instate kids that Tennessee recruited hard back if they elect to go elsewhere out of high school. Teague made the decision to go with O$U and thats where he should stay. Surely Heupel, with this offense, can find better than that.

Tennessee never had a shot with him...remember our circumstances. We were going through yet another coaching change and Pruitt and Co (we now know) were shady as crap. I don't think we ever recruited this kid "hard". This kid is as high character of a kid as I have ever seen. He is the EXACT type of kid you want to be a part of your program...even if it is short term for a year. The point is that he isn't staying at OSU next year. I think he is a take for us all day long.

"no reason"? I bumped it to see if anybody knew what his plans were next year. I doubt he would test the draft. Do you have any idea where he wants to be? I have heard nothing from the local folks.

Considering he’s not in the portal, I’d say he wants to be at OSU. Kinda the obvious answer unless he enters portal

Considering he’s not in the portal, I’d say he wants to be at OSU. Kinda the obvious answer unless he enters portal

He participated in OSU Senior Day festivities and some up there think that means he's gone. I was just trying to get some clarification is all.

"Brown, Petit-Frere and Teague are those three redshirt juniors and while participating in the pregame event isn't an automatic signal they're gone, it's a pretty good sign."

Ohio St Senior Day.

They also made a pretty big deal on the broadcast about the "Senior" scoring a touchdown late in the game.

Last edited:
He's pretty happy at OSU. Obviously he wants to play tho, so he if he transfers it is probably somewhere where he is has a clear path to a lot of touches in his position

He's pretty happy at OSU. Obviously he wants to play tho, so he if he transfers it is probably somewhere where he is has a clear path to a lot of touches in his position
I know he has enjoyed his time at OSU, but participating in Senior Day when you can come back tells me he doesn't plan on being back next year. I checked our stats vs OSU, and we have almost 100 more rushing attempts than they do. I wish him nothing but the best, but I would LOVE to see him in Orange for a year. I guess I am just selfishly trying to will it into existence lol.

VN Store

Back