'18 TN RB Master Teague

Named by a butler!

Hopefully he doesnt pull an Itavius Mathers.

Any relation to Blaster?

latest

Reactions: 9 people
Teague said his laid-back day of fun and games at Tennessee proved to be his most “entertaining” visit so far.

“They really try to make you feel comfortable here, I guess, and make it fun,” said Teague, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from Tennessee in the 2018 class. “It’s the most, I guess you could say, entertaining of all the schools I’ve been to.”

The 5-foot-10.5, 194-pound Teague said he enjoyed getting to know Vols coach Butch Jones’ staff and some of Tennessee’s current players in a more relaxed environment. He previously had attended the Vols’ spring game in April, one of their camps in early June and their home game against Arkansas last season.

Teague said Tennessee’s “Orange Carpet Day” showed him “that sometimes it’s not all about football.”

“You can have fun and hang out with the family, hang out with coaches and laugh. That’s what I got out of it,” he said. “I know football, you won’t have that forever. But your family will be there, and just to spend time with them, have fun, that’s what stood out.

“I talked to (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie, hung out with him a little bit. A lot of the players here, recruits, I don’t really know a lot of them, but I talked to a few. It was fun.”

It’s still early in the recruiting process for Teague, but he said he’s already high on Tennessee for a few reasons.

“Of course, their facilities and things they do for the players are one of the best, I feel like, in the college world. It’s just crazy what they do for their players here,” he said.

“I know the fans are incredible here. They love their players, and they want to support them. I know that’s a big part of this. Another thing that probably stands out is all the facilities and the things that help out the players. I think that’s important. I like the educational side, where you can have help with your education and stuff like that. Recovery — a chance to recover if anything’s going wrong — I like that.”

Teague said Jones also has impressed him by showing that he’s a “good dude” and a “family person.”

While he acknowledged he’s “considering” the Vols, he said it’s too early to say where they stand among the six schools that have extended offers to him since May 12.

“Of course, I’m considering them, and I’ve still got awhile to kind of think about those things,” Teague said. “But, really, wherever I feel like the Lord’s leading me to go, I’ll pursue that. But right now I’m just being open to anything.”

Reactions: 7 people

The 5-foot-10.5, 194-pound Teague said he enjoyed getting to know Vols coach Butch Jones’ staff and some of Tennessee’s current players in a more relaxed environment. He previously had attended the Vols’ spring game in April, one of their camps in early June and their home game against Arkansas last season.

That .5 inches makes a big difference. :p

Teague is going to blow up. Averaged over 10 yards a carry last season. With Dowdy gone, he'll be the guy. Hope we can land him.

Reactions: 1 person
Teague is going to blow up. Averaged over 10 yards a carry last season. With Dowdy gone, he'll be the guy. Hope we can land him.

I knew him in middle school when I played football, he was a 6th grader and I was in 8th grade. Seemed quiet and respectful and generally good guy. I was shocked to find out that we had already offered him, he was good in middle school I just didn't realize he was SEC good. Gonna have to go back and catch some games this year.

I knew him in middle school when I played football, he was a 6th grader and I was in 8th grade. Seemed quiet and respectful and generally good guy. I was shocked to find out that we had already offered him, he was good in middle school I just didn't realize he was SEC good. Gonna have to go back and catch some games this year.

Probably gained 15-20 lbs of muscle in offseason. He looks the part for sure

VN Store

Back