'18 TN OL Jerome Carvin (UT signee)

Carvin's rating has to be the absolute worst on the network. There are almost zero flaws with his physical makeup. He doesn't look "sloppy" at all like several OL 247 has rated as 4*'s (Kinnard, Dirstine, etc). Offers from UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and high priorities at that. That's all I need to know.

I agree AT and Martinez are both rated too low by them, but at least they are 4*'s. This one is totally bizarre.

I agree. It's getting worse over there. Jatavious Harris is out here running 10.6 at State at 6'3 and just really a freak athlete. His rating is a joke. Same with Carvin and Dixon, who is one of shiftiest and best playmakers in the entire 2018 class. He has an 88 on 247 lol. Gotta take these ratings with a grain of salt for sure. There's several examples.

Reactions: 2 people
And now we have a truly elite recruiter there, which is just huge. We seem to be in really good shape for both Wright (maybe battling OSU for him?) and Lampley in next year's class and Tucker and Mays in the '20 class.

Who is the likely 5 Star in '20 you referenced in another thread?

I agree. It's getting worse over there. Jatavious Harris is out here running 10.6 at State at 6'3 and just really a freak athlete. His rating is a joke. Same with Carvin and Dixon, who is one of shiftiest and best playmakers in the entire 2018 class. He has an 88 on 247 lol. Gotta take these ratings with a grain of salt for sure. There's several examples.

I know it's crazy. At least Chad Simmons with Rivals will consistently visit VQ and provide input on why players are ranked where they are. He freely admitted that he believes Harris is a lot better than his current Rivals rating but he won't get to fully evaluate him for another few months.

Reactions: 1 person
The future of both lines look good. We've always had great skill players. Just need to put everything together. LB is the great void that is really concerning me.

The future of both lines look good. We've always had great skill players. Just need to put everything together. LB is the great void that is really concerning me.

Regarding LBs, I wonder if the staff sees a few guys on our current roster as their desired starters that also fit our scheme. Maybe they do not see LB as such an important need this class compared to other positions. Bituli, Kirkland, Jumper, Sapp, McDowell, Berry, Smith, and the newcomers is a pretty strong LB group. However, we all know how injuries can deplete a position group, so it would be nice to get at least 1-2 elite LBs this class. If nothing else, it only helps add to our quality depth at that position.

Regarding LBs, I wonder if the staff sees a few guys on our current roster as their desired starters that also fit our scheme. Maybe they do not see LB as such an important need this class compared to other positions. Bituli, Kirkland, Jumper, Sapp, McDowell, Berry, Smith, and the newcomers is a pretty strong LB group. However, we all know how injuries can deplete a position group, so it would be nice to get at least 1-2 elite LBs this class. If nothing else, it only helps add to our quality depth at that position.

I think freshmen, Malik Gray will end up a LB, along with Reid and Ignont. So that's 3 from last year. If we get Cam Jones, he will be a LB. My number 1 LB on UTs board is Richard Jibunor. Some think, he could end up a DE, but he is OLB, no doubt, imo. Apparently, Auburn and UT are the leaders for Jibunor. Get Jones and Jibunor, UT should be in pretty good shape, this recruiting class at LB, imo

I think freshmen, Malik Gray will end up a LB, along with Reid and Ignont. So that's 3 from last year. If we get Cam Jones, he will be a LB. My number 1 LB on UTs board is Richard Jibunor. Some think, he could end up a DE, but he is OLB, no doubt, imo. Apparently, Auburn and UT are the leaders for Jibunor. Get Jones and Jibunor, UT should be in pretty good shape, this recruiting class at LB, imo

I think Gray stays at safety, but I agree on the rest. I think Page could turn into a very good linebacker for us too.

I think Gray stays at safety, but I agree on the rest. I think Page could turn into a very good linebacker for us too.

Yes, I 4got about Page and he may be the best of the freshman LBs. I believe he had like 180 tackles in one of the highest classifications of HS football, in Georgia. I think he was even the defensive player of the year in Georgia

In the 247 chat RC thinks UT takes no more than 2 LB in this class, maybe one

Don't be surprised if the FR RB Coleman ends up at LB

Reactions: 2 people

Gray is tiny, maybe 180. Saw him at end of April at LHS scrimmage he looked super small... Nephew is sophomore on team and he and Princeton were on sideline.... Princeton is swole tho

VN Store

Back