'18 TN OL Jerome Carvin (UT signee)

Just been hearing pretty consistently since his visit to Tennessee over the weekend that the Vols are in good shape right now. But it does sound like there's at least a chance he could be ready to make a decision within the next few weeks.

Callahan

Reactions: 10 people
How in the hell is Carvin a low 85 3-star on 247? LOL Who in the world does the state rankings over there? Baffling. For what you want in an OL prospect that kid looks like a million bucks physically and he has every elite SEC offer you can get.

Reactions: 1 person
How in the hell is Carvin a low 85 3-star on 247? LOL Who in the world does the state rankings over there? Baffling. For what you want in an OL prospect that kid looks like a million bucks physically and he has every elite SEC offer you can get.
247 has not been doing a great job with this class. Their ratings for AT, Harris, carvin, and Adrian Martinez are just a few examples.

Reactions: 3 people

That is why I take these early rankings with a grain of salt. Watch, they will claim to re-evaluate all these kids after they receive all of these offers.

Then, they will say that they have watched their film and they are worthy of a rating increase.

Once you get past the elite prospects, you really just have to trust that the staff can evaluate talent. These recruiting site "scouts" are a joke.

Reactions: 2 people
247 has not been doing a great job with this class. Their ratings for AT, Harris, carvin, and Adrian Martinez are just a few examples.

Carvin's rating has to be the absolute worst on the network. There are almost zero flaws with his physical makeup. He doesn't look "sloppy" at all like several OL 247 has rated as 4*'s (Kinnard, Dirstine, etc). Offers from UGA, UF, Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and high priorities at that. That's all I need to know.

I agree AT and Martinez are both rated too low by them, but at least they are 4*'s. This one is totally bizarre.

Speaking of his rating

I believe it's been a few months since our analysts have gotten to take a hard look at him. Not sure he has been at any camps where our guys would've gotten a chance to see him in person this year. I think there's definitely a chance he could move up in the rankings in the coming months, especially if he has a good senior season.

Callahan

Speaking of his rating

Callahan

Kind of what I figured, he probably hasn't been evaluated since before his junior year because he got tagged with that 85 rating a long time ago, probably a year or more. It's just crazy they haven't bothered to re-evaluate since. Who does the state of TN rankings for them? Barton Simmons?

Our OL has quickly turned from a nightmare with Dooley recruiting to what very well may be the strength of the team

Kind of what I figured, he probably hasn't been evaluated since before his junior year because he got tagged with that 85 rating a long time ago, probably a year or more. It's just crazy they haven't bothered to re-evaluate since. Who does the state of TN rankings for them? Barton Simmons?
I believe so. 247 trending down IMO. They don't break any news and are often behind on recruiting

Our OL has quickly turned from a nightmare with Dooley recruiting to what very well may be the strength of the team

And now we have a truly elite recruiter there, which is just huge. We seem to be in really good shape for both Wright (maybe battling OSU for him?) and Lampley in next year's class and Tucker and Mays in the '20 class.

VN Store

Back