'18 NY RB Ramon Jefferson (Sam Houston State transfer)

Just remember at the end of last year we were at the bottom of the RB group so we need all the help we can get. Not saying he is better than anyone else but we were down to walk on's and need to get deeper.
Yeah in the Pitt game we had true freshman Jaylen Wright running the ball on 4th and 1 in the fourth

Ole Miss we had to use Whitehead and Pierce in the second half

Just Jaylen Wright again late against Purdue.

We hardly had more than 2 scholarship RB's playing at a time.

This would be huge.

Does anyone know what is going on with this guy and Colorado? They have him on the roster as a grad transfer from Sam Houston State expected to show up in June.

Ramon Jefferson - Football - University of Colorado Athletics

For what it's worth, Colorado announced him as an official member of the team and that he is "signed".

Ramon_Jefferson.png

He gave an interview "explaining why he chose Colorado" in January

247 says that he transferred to Colorado on 1/31/22 and also re-entered the transfer portal the same day.

Kinda weird.

Does anyone know what is going on with this guy and Colorado? They have him on the roster as a grad transfer from Sam Houston State expected to show up in June.

For what it's worth, Colorado announced him as an official member of the team and that he is "signed".

View attachment 454416

247 says that he transferred to Colorado on 1/31/22 and also re-entered the transfer portal the same day.

Kinda weird.

Yeah he decommitted right after he committed, but they just haven't updated their websites.

It is confusing.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

View attachment 454416

Kinda weird.

I was told he signed a grant in aid which allowed them to announce him, but since he hasn't enrolled he isn't locked in.

Reactions: VolByLaw
this offense is gonna be nasty

Admittedly this could be sour grapes because the tea leaves seem to be pointing towards Robinson getting a Godfather offer from Miami - and to be clear I think he would take the passing game to another level - one could make the argument that Jefferson would be a more meaningful add to the roster.

I say that because I'm of the opinion - stated ITT - that Jefferson would slot in as RB2 here at the least. IMO he's pretty clearly better than Wright and Whitehead. Maybe not the pure talent that JWT has but we're talking about a 5th year guy vs. a true freshman. Is he as good or better than Small? Hard to say because while he's been wildly productive at both stops it's obviously been against a much lower level of competition. Regardless, he's going to get carries, and maybe a lot of them. And if nothing else he adds depth so that injuries are less likely to force us into the same situation as we were in in multiple games last season, playing guys who either weren't ready or simply aren't talented enough.

Conversely, while again I think Robinson is super talented and would likely blow up in this offense with Hooker and the other WRs around him, if we don't land him we're just in the same position we thought we'd be: Tillman and a bunch of very talented guys who just haven't done it yet beyond some individual flashes (Bru, Hyatt, Calloway, Holiday, Keyton, the freshmen).

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
We have 5 rb on team now better .. no take .. rather find a LB or DT myself

LOL I've been quiet and watched this troll, but this is absolutely pathetic... whoever you are, go somewhere else... you either get off trying to stir the pot or are just completely clueless... this will be the only time I engage with this idiot. Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

LOL I've been quiet and watched this troll, but this is absolutely pathetic... whoever you are, go somewhere else... you either get off trying to stir the pot or are just completely clueless... this will be the only time I engage with this idiot. Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

Ignore is your friend

if only whiehead would relent and play lb
Should’ve been done under Pruitt. I’m honestly surprised it didn’t. I guess he promised him a spot at RB to get him in the door, but I’ve always thought he should’ve been an LB and NEVER understood why Beckwith was at RB either. It’s still astonishing how many bad decisions Elmer Fudd made at building a roster

Reactions: Pacer92
If you’re too slow to play RB, you’re too slow to play LB. The latter is reactive. Same reason a CB needs to be faster/quicker than a WR.

Mostly agree, although it could also be about instincts. My knock on Whitehead as a RB is more about his complete lack of wiggle/ability to make someone miss rather than pure speed.

Optimistic take is that he was banged up for most of the season and Mack said he was healthier this spring and looked much better. My guess is this will be his last season in Knoxville if he doesn't make a move...

Reactions: VolByLaw

VN Store

Back