'18 NY RB Ramon Jefferson (Sam Houston State transfer)

Don't mistake. I'm not knocking this kid. I think Tiyon Evans is a special talent. I also think that he would have put up monster stats had he stayed and bought in. I personally wouldn't mind adding this kid to the roster, but I don't think he's as talented as Evans.

Agree, and don't think those two things are mutually exclusive. IMO he's probably RB2 this season, which means he'll have upgraded the room.

Have you watched him and our guys live?
No, I did not make it to one of our games last year but I watched all of them that I could. I can tell you this guy has trouble getting it into the endzone. I personally, from what I saw, think our guys are better and would no taste a scholarship on this one. Just not any upgrade. If you aren’t getting better, you’re getting worse.

No, I did not make it to one of our games last year but I watched all of them that I could. I can tell you this guy has trouble getting it into the endzone. I personally, from what I saw, think our guys are better and would no taste a scholarship on this one. Just not any upgrade. If you aren’t getting better, you’re getting worse.

He had 13 rushing TDs last year and averaged 6.7 ypc for almost 1,200 total rushing yards on a team that made the FCS Quarters. Not sure that lines up...

👎🏼

Kinda funny thats actually the one thing I thought the kid did well was short yardage situations and getting in the endzone.I still would like to see us look at someone else but I trust the coaches know what their doing over someone like myself.

This guy is very clearly better than Jaylen Wright.

He had 13 rushing TDs last year and averaged 6.7 ypc for almost 1,200 total rushing yards on a team that made the FCS Quarters. Not sure that lines up...
I’m telling you what I saw with my own eyes in person. In more than one game, first and goal, he could not score. That’s what I’m saying. And he was playing inferior opponents when he racked up a lot of those yards and td’s.

Reactions: StoVol
Unless they’re a sure fire game breaker Tennessee has enough talent at RB.
Talent yes, but experience and depth no.

I mean would Jaylen Wright have been an FCS all American last year? This dude will help a lot.

One Jabari Small injury and we are down to Wright, freshman and Whitehead. I'd much rather have this guy on board in that event.

Unless they’re a sure fire game breaker Tennessee has enough talent at RB.

Not really. Whitehead isn’t anywhere near a game changer. I give you Small and Wright but both were injured last season. Justin Williams and Dylan Sampson are talented but they need a RS year. Bring this guy in and our RB room gets better.

VN Store

Back