'18 NY RB Ramon Jefferson (Sam Houston State transfer)

I'm not seeing it myself unless he's a great pass blocker/run blocker...Doesn't offer much in the receiving department but I'll leave all that to the coaches.How many years does he have 1 or 2?I think their just kicking the tires here but also didn't he have a domestic violence incident a few years back?

Reactions: Orange Raid
He would be an interesting add. Not a sure fire starter but definitely would get playing time. Runs with power and breaks arm tackles.

IMO he's immediately better than Wright and Whitehead. Being that he's anywhere from 22-24 years old and mostly physically mature, he's probably more physically ready for September Pitt/SEC football games than JWT, regardless of how JWT looks shirtless. So he would, IMO, slot in at worst as RB3 and could conceivably go as high as RB1 given his production (at an admittedly lower level of football).

This kid does the one thing we need most in that RB room, and that is consistently break tackles. Yes, there is a big jump in competition, but we need someone reliable in short yardage situations. We also need someone with college experience that can physically hold up for the bulk of the season. I'm not saying it's definitely this kid, but the glaring need does exist.

Nope. Go watch his college highlights.

I have. Which is why I emphasized that he had that gear in HS.
Sometimes it's the level of competition, sometimes it's the quality of the OL and downfield blocking that allows a RB to hit that strde. I don't know if we need this kid or not. But I'd kick the tires.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I have. Which is why I emphasized that he had that gear in HS.
Sometimes it's the level of competition, sometimes it's the quality of the OL and downfield blocking that allows a RB to hit that strde. I don't know if we need this kid or not. But I'd kick the tires.
Don't mistake. I'm not knocking this kid. I think Tiyon Evans is a special talent. I also think that he would have put up monster stats had he stayed and bought in. I personally wouldn't mind adding this kid to the roster, but I don't think he's as talented as Evans.

VN Store

Back