'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

From the WVU board in June:

Running back Lyn-J Dixon will not be part of the team this fall. I'm told that he has not been taking part in summer workouts, and is currently off the roster for a violation of team rules. He is not yet in the transfer portal officially, but I would expect him to be one day soon.

Where was he even gonna be in that loaded depth chart anyways?

We have enough RBs, I think he saw the writing on the wall. Hope he lands somewhere he can play. Guessing a non power 5 team maybe

Welp.

We all should’ve saw this coming tbh, from everything that’s been said about his days at Clemson..

“Violation of team rules” being the operative here, not simply about PT.

I honestly don't remember hearing much good about him during spring. Nothing bad, either. Just kinda nothing. He has breakaway speed, that's about all I remember. Can't miss what you never had.

I have not been Told specifically why, but reading the tea leaves from what I have heard - he was basically third or fourth on the depth chart.

Started skipping workouts, no longer with the team

Before all of this, going back to right after the spring game, I was told that he was likely going to start the season third or fourth on the depth chart.

Clemson fans whenever he left there:

The kid has obvious talent, but supposedly became a locker room issue when he wasn't handed the starting role. Hopefully he matures and ends up having a great career

Sounds like he quits working if he isn’t a starter. But maybe there is more to it. Maybe he will grow up some if that is the problem. Going through 2 schools does raise some questions. But I trust this staff, I don’t think they will take him unless they think he can be a team player. GBO

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
SI:

A back with good vision, Dixon does well to find running lanes. He takes advantage of vacated areas at the first level left by stunts. In the open field, Dixon uses his blockers, running behind them. He has an active off-hand and enough physicality to get through high tackles. As a receiver, he displays soft hands and can adjust to off-target passes. Dixon is undersized, preventing him from being a bell cow as he does not grind out yards running inside. Due to lower body stiffness, he loses balance after changing directions. His pads are often high despite being a smaller back. When lanes open up, he takes too long to get upfield causing him to get run down from behind. He will bounce runs outside and continue to move backward. His speed and explosiveness are only average. Dixon does not show the physicality required to pass protect successfully. An undersized runner, Dixon lacks the physical traits required to be an NFL back. He is neither physical nor does he have the speed and dynamism to be a playmaker. Dixon projects as a camp invite who has an outside shot to make a practice squad thanks to his vision and soft hands.

Exactly. I don't care what the other fans say. He's fast and we need a home run threat out of the backfield. I think he can be that in this offense. At the very least he is another experienced D1 body to bolster depth down the back stretch of SEC play.

Also of note, the 247 guys shot down a couple of other names that have come up but not Dixon.

Idk why anyone would be against this. We have nothing to lose.

If there are attitude, off field or locker room issues I would be against it, as Heupel spent all of last year developing a team first mentality. You can lose team chemistry and all the work done to change culture if that is an issue.

Reactions: bluegrasser
I don’t see where we need another running back right now unless he is super special. We can go in hard on a top RB in 2024. I like the stable we have now plus who we have committed. We got other issues at DL,LB and CB. And of course a senior year of football left where there will be players emerge. GBO

If there are attitude, off field or locker room issues I would be against it, as Heupel spent all of last year developing a team first mentality.
Well, Heupel is the one who built it and he would be the one bringing him in . . . so it stands to reason that Heup knows what is and isn't acceptable in the culture he created.

It's almost gametime. Our roster is still short, so we have room. Depth at any position is always needed, especially if that depth can also contribute in-game.

I don’t see where we need another running back right now unless he is super special. We can go in hard on a top RB in 2024. I like the stable we have know plus who we have committed. We got other issues at DL and CB. And of course a senior year of football left where there will be players emerge. GBO
He would only play this season. For depth purposes, you add someone like him if he doesn't have the personal issues some are alluding to.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back