'18 GA QB Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

We really need Dobbs to get drafted in 2017. Would go a long way with future DT QBs. Butch and DeBord could show how raw Dobbs was as a freshman and how their coaching molded him into an NFL QB.

What happens with Josh Dobbs in the NFL draft will have nothing to do with Emory Jones decision.

It is extremely common for star QB's in college to never pan out in the NFL, especially dual threat QB's. The NFL game is much, much different and in my opinion, Dobbs does not fit a pro-style offense.

What happens with Josh Dobbs in the NFL draft will have nothing to do with Emory Jones decision.

It is extremely common for star QB's in college to never pan out in the NFL, especially dual threat QB's. The NFL game is much, much different and in my opinion, Dobbs does not fit a pro-style offense.

If we do what we should do on the field this year, Dobbs will get drafted. May not be early but someone will pick him up.

Definitely just a hunch and reading the tea leaves a little. I think he had a specific reason as to why he wanted to make that trip on Thursday. He put in extra work with his team so he could go...why? Just to visit again? It isn't like he had to make that trip, plus he has plenty of time to visit again, and he has almost 1.5 yrs before his NSD. Why did he come Thursday? I think he finally made his decision...maybe he thought it was going to be OSU, and he would just call our coaches, then go to OSU and commit to them. Instead, he realized the perfect fit for him and his family is our Vols, so he did what it took to be able to go and tell the coaches in person. At least that's my take and I'm sticking to it, until he commits elsewhere. And I do believe it's why we got our 2017 QB commitment shortly afterwards.

I like the way you think... I'm sold. I got shot gun

Reactions: 3 people
That's bold, but I like it.

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I won't go as far as saying what OGbaby is saying, but him not committing to OSU this weekend is absolutely huge. He said he wanted to visit each one more time before making a decision and the fact we came out of the weekend without him being a Buckeye means he knows he wants to come to Tennessee or he still isn't sure. But whoever he commits to the first time will have a difficult time holding on to him for a year and a half.

See, for once I don't really think that will be an issue. He seems to be one of the few kids who actually takes recruiting seriously. He has had plenty of time to rush to a decision and commit while hyped up at one of those big OCD or OSU style weekend long extravaganza's. But instead, he has just mulled his options over carefully and never given away what he was thinking.

Wherever he commits to I think he is solid. He might take a visit or two just for the experience, which you can't blame him, but I think he will be that team's guy. QB's are different, especially top-flight ones. They are the cornerstone of a class and help to recruit. JG committed pretty far out and stayed solid. Hunter Johnson is the exception, not the rule.

Reactions: 1 person
I've talked to several in and around his recruitment the last few days.

The feeling from OSU is that he could commit soon and they feel good about it right now. But, OSU also knowS the Vols were able to convince Emory to come back for another visit.

-Fortenberry

Spoke with a source close to the Top247 2018 QB that said Jones said this past weekend was the best of his life.

I asked if that also included the Tennessee visit. He said I'll just give you that Emory said he had a great weekend and enjoyed his time at Ohio State.

A decision is expected before the fall.

-Wiltfong

VN Store

Back