'18 GA QB Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

He's always liked OSU, it was his dream school. But, he's fallen in love with the TN program recently. I'm choosing to believe his love for TN will win out over the dream school. Gotta hang on to some hope

Reactions: 2 people
Letting this recruitment go into the season, and watching Dobbs dismantle SEC defenses will go hugely in our favor.

He'll have no problem seeing himself in Dobbs shoes, and watching our rise to dominance with a frenzied fanbase itching for big wins will be huge.

"I loved the camp today, I felt like that this was my best performance at a camp that I ever had," Jones said. "I loved how the coaches coach. I just felt very comfortable here around the coaches and in the stadium."

Jones bonded with many of the Ohio State commits and players and had a chance to meet his favorite player, Braxton Miller, during the camp.

Did the visit put Jones over the top and closer to a commitment? "Right now I am still debating on what I am going to do and when I am going to decide," Jones said. "I would put Ohio State definitely up there."

Urban Meyer spent time checking in on Jones during the camp. Did he apply any pressure to Jones to get on board for the class of 2018?

"Nah, he was not pressuring me at all," Jones said. "He was just telling me he wanted me to be his guy. There was no pressure."

Jones had been looking to decide before the start of his junior season. He is not sure if that is going to be the case now. It could come sooner or it may take longer. It just will come down to a feeling.

"Right now I am not even thinking about that, it is just whenever I feel that it is the time (then I will do it)," Jones said.

- OSU Rivals

Doesn't sound overly positive for OSU. I'll take it.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll take it. It seems like an obvious decision to me. TN is closer to home, and OSU has a 5 star 2017 QB. The best option is TN.

Knoxville is almost 400 miles closer to Franklin than Columbus is. I think that will win out in the end. Plus making away games would be easy, UGA is pretty close, Bama is close, if we have AU in his time here that would be really close. His mom could make pretty much every game with an easy drive.

Reactions: 1 person
“I have a great connection with them,” Jones said. “We talk a lot. We have a great connection. We just know a lot of people from my hometown. We just have a great connection.”

“I think I fit in here (at Tennessee) real good,” Jones said. “I love the offense that they run. Coach DeBord, he can make me an NFL quarterback. He can make me a great quarterback and a smart quarterback. I know he can just train me and teach me to be the best quarterback and person I can be.”
Scout

Reactions: 4 people
Knoxville is almost 400 miles closer to Franklin than Columbus is. I think that will win out in the end. Plus making away games would be easy, UGA is pretty close, Bama is close, if we have AU in his time here that would be really close. His mom could make pretty much every game with an easy drive.

I don't know if distance is that much in our favor. From Franklin they would drive right by Hartsfield-Jackson so it's probably not a difficult flight to Columbus.

We are lucky if we survive this weekend at OSU. Talk about full court press. urban, Beck, Miller and Haskins were up his butt the whole time.

We really need Dobbs to get drafted in 2017. Would go a long way with future DT QBs. Butch and DeBord could show how raw Dobbs was as a freshman and how their coaching molded him into an NFL QB.

No worries bro, he's a lock 1st rounder. Watch his film.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if distance is that much in our favor. From Franklin they would drive right by Hartsfield-Jackson so it's probably not a difficult flight to Columbus.

Will still be a couple of hundred dollars at a minimum. Plus she would need to fly for every game, home and away. The BIG 10 is so spread out and those schools are a long way from west GA.

Just a hunch?

Definitely just a hunch and reading the tea leaves a little. I think he had a specific reason as to why he wanted to make that trip on Thursday. He put in extra work with his team so he could go...why? Just to visit again? It isn't like he had to make that trip, plus he has plenty of time to visit again, and he has almost 1.5 yrs before his NSD. Why did he come Thursday? I think he finally made his decision...maybe he thought it was going to be OSU, and he would just call our coaches, then go to OSU and commit to them. Instead, he realized the perfect fit for him and his family is our Vols, so he did what it took to be able to go and tell the coaches in person. At least that's my take and I'm sticking to it, until he commits elsewhere. And I do believe it's why we got our 2017 QB commitment shortly afterwards.

Reactions: 3 people
Definitely just a hunch and reading the tea leaves a little. I think he had a specific reason as to why he wanted to make that trip on Thursday. He put in extra work with his team so he could go...why? Just to visit again? It isn't like he had to make that trip, plus he has plenty of time to visit again, and he has almost 1.5 yrs before his NSD. Why did he come Thursday? I think he finally made his decision...maybe he thought it was going to be OSU, and he would just call our coaches, then go to OSU and commit to them. Instead, he realized the perfect fit for him and his family is our Vols, so he did what it took to be able to go and tell the coaches in person. At least that's my take and I'm sticking to it, until he commits elsewhere. And I do believe it's why we got our 2017 QB commitment shortly afterwards.

I'm rolling with it. I don't think it's a coincidence Jones visits and then the next day Butch gives CJ the green light. It's almost like Butch cleared it with Emory before doing it.

I won't go as far as saying what OGbaby is saying, but him not committing to OSU this weekend is absolutely huge. He said he wanted to visit each one more time before making a decision and the fact we came out of the weekend without him being a Buckeye means he knows he wants to come to Tennessee or he still isn't sure. But whoever he commits to the first time will have a difficult time holding on to him for a year and a half.

VN Store

Back