'18 GA QB Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

Nothing against this kid, I'm sure he is a good kid and a good player.

I want Lawrence. He is the best High School QB in the country right now for any class IMO and could compete on several division 1 Power 5 rosters. He isn't just elite. He is superior to the elite. Whoever gets him will draw the attention of other superior high school receivers, running backs, and linemen to make an offense Tennessee hasn't seen in years (Around 20 to be exact).

I agree. We need the best of the best at all positions.

Nothing against this kid, I'm sure he is a good kid and a good player.

I want Lawrence. He is the best High School QB in the country right now for any class IMO and could compete on several division 1 Power 5 rosters. He isn't just elite. He is superior to the elite. Whoever gets him will draw the attention of other superior high school receivers, running backs, and linemen to make an offense Tennessee hasn't seen in years (Around 20 to be exact).

How do you know this exactly?

Reactions: 1 person
I mean. .are ppl really this naive? Jones would be a fantastic pick up...

Yes. Considering we aren't in on a big name this cycle its almost a priority to take two, and I doubt Lawrence would mind the competition, especially if he is ranked that high. However, if Jones intimidates him, that speaks volumes. He's gonna face competition anywhere he goes, and we will need someone after Dormady, S. Jones, and Guarantano (nice having those options). I don't see why we wouldn't try both.

Yes. Considering we aren't in on a big name this cycle its almost a priority to take two, and I doubt Lawrence would mind the competition, especially if he is ranked that high. However, if Jones intimidates him, that speaks volumes. He's gonna face competition anywhere he goes, and we will need someone after Dormady, S. Jones, and Guarantano (nice having those options). I don't see why we wouldn't try both.

I don't think it's going to be our choice.

How do you know this exactly?

Watch the kids film! It's incredible the throws he makes...especially in the run. He has incredible awareness of what's going on around him and he drops dimes from short, medium, and long range. On top of my personal opinion, I trust the opinions of experts and other former players. Scouts are drooling over Lawrence...Jones is only rated by 247 as of right now, and while he is listed at 4*, you have to wonder what the reason is that other scouting agencies haven't rated him yet is. I'd go out on a limb and say he will be a consensus 4* guy when it's all said and done, but I still want Lawrence.

Like I said before, him being the #1 player for his class will also draw attention of other elite guys around the country who will want to follow him. Give me Lawrence.

I want this guy over Lawrence. Better fit for our offense and probably a better peer recruiter. Got some swagger to him

Rivals Camp Series ‏@RivalsCamp 31m31 minutes ago
Congrats to ATL #RivalsChallenge Mobile Marksman winner @eXjones6‼️
CfIXFRbUUAAZx3K.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Then turn up the heat on Lawrence. First one that takes it is what I would do. Hoping we get either one.

Sounds to me like we are slow playing him. Not good. Take the kids commitment. Then if TL wants to commit later, we are still good and the decision is still on him to make.

I can't believe we are slow playing the number 41 player in the country. I think he is making sure and with Lawrence not ready to pull the trigger, he knows he has time. I would rather him visit everywhere and then make a solid decision where he won't waver.

I can't believe we are slow playing the number 41 player in the country. I think he is making sure and with Lawrence not ready to pull the trigger, he knows he has time. I would rather him visit everywhere and then make a solid decision where he won't waver.

Agree! We're not tricking anyone and it's important that they be solidly committed...even tho we don't employ the douchey Dabo Swinney method. :)

VN Store

Back