'17 VA DT Jordan Williams (Clemson commit)

Is clemson taking 75 this year?

Everything I've seen from their 247 board is they're only taking 20 this year. Of course, half of those will be big time Tennessee targets. Clemson apparently only have 8 scholarship seniors this season, though.

Apparently UT's entire coaching staff is recruiting this guy. Story's on Scout, but I don't have a membership.

Anyone have the recent Scout article on Jordan Williams?

"Tennessee, the facilities really stood out to me on my visit and then the relationship I built with all the coaches," the Scout four-star prospect told InsideTennessee. "I'd like to get down again to do more academic stuff, but we're not sure about that. It may be a phone call where we talk more academics. I really do like Tennessee; they're in great shape right now."
Scout

Reactions: 3 people
Don't get excited here, this guy is all Clemson.

From the Clemson side Williams is a lock and Foster is 50/50.

Foster is who we need to be focusing on.

Reactions: 1 person
But we are actively recruiting him as a priority at LB.

Just like we were recruiting Jennings as a QB, Austin Smith as a LB, Neiko Creamer as a WR, Kendall Vickers as a DE, Reeves-Maybin and McDowell as safeties, etc.

He will most likely outgrow the position. It's been posted in his thread that many teams feel that way, including us.

Reactions: 1 person
Just like we were recruiting Jennings as a QB, Austin Smith as a LB, Neiko Creamer as a WR, Kendall Vickers as a DE, Reeves-Maybin and McDowell as safeties, etc.

He will most likely outgrow the position. It's been posted in his thread that many teams feel that way, including us.

I understand but saying he's not a priority in this class is false. Position is irrelevant

I'm okay with us recruiting him as a LB. If that's what it takes for him to get on campus. You tell the kid's what they want to hear, it's just how it goes. Once he signs, he probably will outgrow the position like most have said.

For example, UGA swore that Mecole would get a chance to be a CB even though most people clearly saw he excelled with the ball in his hands. I will be shocked if he doesn't end up on offense much more often than defense throughout his career. It will just naturally happen. And UGA sold him on what he wanted just to get him to sign.

I understand but saying he's not a priority in this class is false. Position is irrelevant

"the Vols are very much in the thick of it but in talking to a lot of coaches I think most believe he's a defensive end."

- Fortenberry
This quote(1 1/2 months ago) to go along with where we are on the DL in recruiting this year, makes me think other DE's would be a priority over Foster. I'm not saying we aren't recruiting him. It am saying he is not as much a priority as true DE's are. That is my opinion. I respect you disagree, but to say it is falsw when there is no way to prove who is a priority for this staff, isn't reasonable. Just because we are actively recruiting doesn't make him a priority. See:Caleb Kinlaw

There's no harm in recruiting a kid in his favored position and then later down the road moving him to where he will make the most difference. Whatever it takes to get the kid :)

VN Store

Back