'17 TN OT Obinna Eze (Memphis commit)

“ut is a pretty special place to me, so that they offered was pretty amazing,” said eze, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 410 overall prospect and no. 48 offensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2017 class.

“i didn’t see it coming. It caught me off guard. (offensive line) coach (don) mahoney told me himself. He asked me to call him, so i gave him a call. He told me that he’s impressed with my improvement as a football player, off and on the field, and he told me that he’s excited for my future.

“tennessee is a special place to me. It is special to me,” said eze, who also holds offers from lsu, auburn, mississippi state, kentucky, vanderbilt, duke, louisville and memphis.

“i don’t know how to explain it, but ut is really special to me. They had a good season last year, and anyone that watches college football can tell that ut is on the rise right now. It’s going to be pretty exciting to watch how this season goes at ut.”

Reactions: 10 people
We are fine.It's not even been a month since NSD.Recruiting is not a problem with Butch and staff.

Reactions: 1 person
A reason Eze has improved by leaps and bounds is the tutelage of former Tennessee Volunteer and Minnesota Viking offensive tackle Antonio “Tiny” Richardson.

“Tiny’s my friend; he’s my big brother,” Eze said. “My relationship is beyond someone coaching. He understands me as a person. He understands what I can do physically, mentally. He really knows me. So, it’s easy for him to communicate with me. I don’t have to go through things time and time again with Tiny because he knows how to get it to me one time. We have a really good understanding.”

“Because I just got these offers now, I’d like to have a little bit of time to check those schools out, think about it, make my research, see if they have what I want and stuff,” he said. “So I’ll probably make my decision at the end of my football year and season.”

Scout

Reactions: 4 people
Are we really even recruiting this kid or concentrating more on guys like Tony Gray, Andrew Thomas, etc. I know Trey Smith is the number 1 priority.

He's raw and tons of potential. Sometimes makes me wonder if Bama etc toss out offers to kids like him to push Rival schools to put more work or take a commit to keep them away from Bama. I know it's a reach and nothing against Obinna in particular just a head scratcher sometimes.

He's raw and tons of potential. Sometimes makes me wonder if Bama etc toss out offers to kids like him to push Rival schools to put more work or take a commit to keep them away from Bama. I know it's a reach and nothing against Obinna in particular just a head scratcher sometimes.

There are some schools that recruit a kid with zero intention of ever taking him, but want the other school to have to spend time and resources to win him.

There are some schools that recruit a kid with zero intention of ever taking him, but want the other school to have to spend time and resources to win him.

I'm sure that this is true, but it seems like everybody wants this guy. Ole Miss and Georgia offered today.

Then there was the case of Bama lightly recruiting Gaulden but sending him a LOI to sign on NSD. :huh:

Apparently this kid hasn't played a varsity snap yet because of a transfer stipulation, but he had a strong showing at the Opening in Columbus and has been upgraded to a 4-star. Tennessee needs to make a strong push for this kid.

VN Store

Back