'17 TN ATH Amari Rodgers (Clemson commit)

Db's can shine engineerVOL. They do a lot of 1v1's and 7v7 work which is all passing. If you can cover you will shine at these type of events. The guys who don't shine in these camp settings are the guys that can hit really well and tackle well. The really physical players tend to not shine, if that is the strength of their game.

Pure cover guys shine at DB in these settings.

Also yes, Knott is a beast, best DB in the 16' class IMO. Not nearly as polished as Iman Marshall was in the 15' class, but he is more athletic, which is saying a lot. Knott can turn and flip his hips as good as anyone i've seen in awhile.

This guy is some sort of monster and it excites me so much that it looks like he will be a Vol. This is the kind of guy that comes in to your defensive back field and immediately takes away a starting job from a very good, experienced player.

Catholic RB Amari Rodgers (Class 2017) commits to USC during visit. UT was waiting to decide on offer when Rodgers camped July 17.

Rodgers, the son of USC WR coach and former UT QB Tee Martin, will play WR. He's 5-9, 190; has put on some 20 pounds since end of season.

Hyams from the other day

I dont see too many people upset about this. LOL

Hey, somebody explain something to me....how come so many of these guys dont have their dad's last name? And yes, I do know about adoption and
the conditions it usually happens.

Not me. I think Azzani is a better coach as well as recruiter, and landing one player isn't worth that trade. Tee had his chance to come home.

He might be, but I think it's probably a wash. Sarkisian wouldn't have retained him at SC if he was slaw. No question Z probably has better chemistry with this staff though.

He might be, but I think it's probably a wash. Sarkisian wouldn't have retained him at SC if he was slaw. No question Z probably has better chemistry with this staff though.

Agreed. That was no knock on Tee. I would be lying if I said that I didn't want him here when Butch was putting together his staff. I'm just happy with Azzani. I takes a lot of criticism here, but in his first two years here, he has had mostly very young receivers and has had to deal with a lot of injuries. I'm excited to see what he does with our receivers this season.

Not saying I want it, but...

Coach Z to an OC job
Tee comes home on his 2nd shot
Rogers to UT

Ima jus leave this here

Here a different scenario that I like a little better. There is a chance that Sheridan takes a job somewhere else after this season, leaving an opening at QB coach in a few years should Debord retire. If he does, Azzani moves to OC, and Tee comes home to coach quarterbacks which is his position anyway. A whole lot of speculating I know, but hey, it's the offseason.

Here's how it goes... Amari spurns his dad and USC just like Tee did to UT when UT gave him the WR coach spot. Amari comes to UT and makes his own name, wins a natty in Orange and fulfills his life long dreams of winning one for the home team like his daddy did before him!

Reactions: 2 people
Not me. I think Azzani is a better coach as well as recruiter, and landing one player isn't worth that trade. Tee had his chance to come home.

I don't know who the better WR Coach is, could be Coach Z, hope it's Coach Z.

But, Tee Martin is an ELITE recruiter.

VN Store

Back