'17 NC DT Jordon Riley (former UT commit)

2017 class is too far away for this to really phase me. I'm sure the coaches will stay on him.

ESVV0gr.gif

Reactions: 4 people
After committing to us last month he probably had five coaching staffs in his ear about not rushing his decision and to enjoy the process. I can probably guess the five (Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and UNC). He has listened to them but I would bet we still lead. If he wants to look around and take his visits fine. Long way to go.

W/ all the ish going on at our university this last week, it wouldn't surprise me if a few coaches got in his ear and he took notice. It also wouldn't surprise me if our coaches suggested he de-commit so the two parties can take time to "reevaluate" (e.g. we've got bigger fish to fry). This sort of thing goes on a lot at P5 but we don't hear it unless a prospect specifically reveals that information (even then, I think coaches look down on a prospect revealing too much because the coaches cannot address the prospect publicly in that regard).

Then again, it could've just been a family decision. #Recruiting :loco:

Kid has a lot of classroom work to do. Hope he does and we get him.

That's not the issue here at all. His grades are fine. He just committed before he was really ready. We are still his #1 by far, but he is going to do his due diligence now.

I'm not much into the recruiting forum, but I should be able to actually get inside info on where his recruitment is headed. He goes to where I went to high school and I know some of his coaches and administrators. I will relay anything I get.

I will say, that when he committed I called one of his coaches of a different sport excited and his response was esentially "don't get too excited, he'll decommitt." He didn't suggest this quickly, but he's enjoying being looked at by Bama (they were at RHS recently), UGA and FSU.

VN Store

Back