'17 NC DT Jordon Riley (former UT commit)

:)

Boom.gif

MINION BOOM!

Reactions: 2 people
"He's got incredible physical attributes. He's huge. He's got really broad shoulders and he's really quick off the ball. I expect him to grow into a defensive tackle even though he plays defensive end in high school. He's still got a ways to go when it comes to technique, but when it comes to on the field right now he's always in the right place at the right time. He gives great effort and is always chasing down plays. I think it's already there when it comes to that stuff. With his hand technique, he still can learn to do better there.

"His ceiling is pretty high. You look at how far he has left to go in his development and where he is; there's a big difference there and there's a lot he can improve on. It's kind of a scary thought when you look at how good he is."

-Adam Friedman, Rivals

Reactions: 10 people
"I was just talking to coach Strip and I told him I wanted to be a Vol. I told him how much I enjoyed myself down at the camp and how much I liked the facilities," Riley told Volquest.com soon after his commitment.

"Just the facilities and the tradition there and they have your best interest in mind and I feel like under coach Strip I feel like I'm just going to get better," Riley explained. "Then, the love from the fans is more motivation and I want to be a part of that. I've been looking for that kind of atmosphere."

"We've really just now started to get to know each other. But, I really like what he's got going on with the defensive line there. I just want to be a part of it," Riley said. "He's coached at Michigan and Michigan State and he's definitely a top defensive line coach. He's won a lot of games and he's got a lot of spirit and he knows what he's talking about and I can see he knows what he's doing."

"I feel like I'm pretty committed. I feel like I saw everything I needed to see. I planned on doing something early so I could focus on getting better and school," Riley said. A four-star prospect, Riley attributes his budding stardom to his natural size and ability he's displayed after only playing the game one year. "I just started playing last year and I think I picked it up pretty fast," Riley said. "I feel like I came off the edge and did well. Ninety-nine percent of the time I was bigger and stronger than the other offensive linemen but then I could close on them, too."

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Like you'll ever read, "He's short, but he makes up for it by being very overweight. Slow, and not much between the ears. The basement is this guy's ceiling. Bad motor and attitude on top of that."

idk, have you read Vandy's commit's reports, i bet they aren't pretty.

not hating the players, just making fun of Vandy

Scouting Report: Last season was Riley’s first time playing football. However, he quickly excelled and became a force for Riverside.

Riley has prototypical size for a defensive tackle. He has a great frame and a long wingspan.

He plays with good body control and balance. Riley moves extremely well and is very disruptive. He also finds the football quickly and is very good in pursuit.

Like all players, there are areas where Riley needs to improve, but much is due to his lack of experience. As mentioned above, Riley has only played one season of football, so he is still extremely raw. He needs to continue to improve his pad level and get stronger.

However, there is no question his upside is huge. He is still growing and developing and has all the tools to become a big-time player at the collegiate level. Over the next few years, look for him to develop into a special player.

-Michael Clark, Scout

Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

Reactions: 5 people
He has played only one season and he is rated 4*s already? Dang, he is going to be a serious weapon by the time he gets through a year or two here.

Reactions: 1 person
Like you'll ever read, "He's short, but he makes up for it by being very overweight. Slow, and not much between the ears. The basement is this guy's ceiling. Bad motor and attitude on top of that."

There are definitely less positive reviews than what this kid got.

lol.

He has played only one season and he is rated 4*s already? Dang, he is going to be a serious weapon by the time he gets through a year or two here.

6'6" and 290 is a lot harder to have than some skills like proper leverage and hand techniques. That can be taught so I can understand the rating. The kids ceiling is through the roof.

Plucked him right out of Blue Devil country.

Any other year that ^ would be a solid jab but Cut has some serious recruiting victories this year.

@DonCallahanIC: Jordon Riley @iamjordonriley says that he de-committed from #Tennessee

VN Store

Back