'16 SC RB Tavien Feaster

But if someone else transfers then an extra scholarship opens up which we could use on a transfer.. I don’t see how that’s hard to understand, scholarships dont just disappear 🤦‍♂️
I'm talking about the 25 we can sign in each class. Transfers count against that number. Someone transferring out doesn't give one back other than very specific exceptions. i dOn'T sEe HoW ThAt's hArD tO uNdErStaNd.

I'm talking about the 25 we can sign in each class. Transfers count against that number. Someone transferring out doesn't give one back other than very specific exceptions. i dOn'T sEe HoW ThAt's hArD tO uNdErStaNd.
lol...yeah, there's a process to get that IQ back, but it's far from automatic. bottom line, for most schools, unless they regularly undersign, are going to have count transfers in to future classes.

Reactions: Sleegro
possibly. but a lot depends on how an individual roster and signing class has been managed, as to whether or not you want a 1 year stop gap, that's going to likely count in a future class.

but yeah, UK fits the bill of a lower tier p5 school.

It seems to always be a big thing with us (fans) that we have spots to sign 25 guys every year but I was looking at Clemson's classes for the last 4 years and they signed 21, 14, 17, 31. I mean seriously, can you imagine the meltdown here on VolNation if we only signed 14 guys in a class. lol

Reactions: jakez4ut
It seems to always be a big thing with us (fans) that we have spots to sign 25 guys every year but I was looking at Clemson's classes for the last 4 years and they signed 21, 14, 17, 31. I mean seriously, can you imagine the meltdown here on VolNation if we only signed 14 guys in a class. lol
yep. but that's what the stability at clemson has allowed them to do. the haven't been in scramble mode to put a roster together....like we have/are....lol....and we like recruting rankings too much.

still, hard to imagine why you wouldn't sign a full class....or at least 20+ a year given how many they've sent to the NFL of late....they still have attrition....

not many.

which makes me wonder about some of the decisions some of these kids are making. especially as undergrads.....with the roster limitations and automatic qualifier limitations, you'd think that would work against most of these kids transfer options, unlesss they're willing to go to a lower tier P5 or G5 program....

and programs aren't going to continue to mortgage their future rosters for 1 year "maybes".

Yeah, the grass isn't always greener. While the transfer portal allows a player to explore his options, it impacts the team and could cost the player his scholarship. As more players choose to open the door, it's possible that more coaches will choose to shut it behind them. I wonder if Dabo is basically doing just that.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah, the grass isn't always greener. While the transfer portal allows a player to explore his options, it impacts the team and could cost the player his scholarship. As more players choose to open the door, it's possible that more coaches will choose to shut it behind them. I wonder if Dabo is basically doing just that.
i think so. he's saying the right things, letting the player choose, so it won't play badly publically. but he's also sending a message in the process.

He could end up at some place like Kentucky. They seem to be successful at discovering and featuring running backs. I mean they've got to replace Snell somehow, right?

I get the impression that he would like something a bit more high-profile. But maybe not. UK has been known to ride one back the whole season. He could become a Snell replacement and try to improve his draft stock that way.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
I get the impression that he would like something a bit more high-profile. But maybe not. UK has been known to ride one back the whole season. He could become a Snell replacement and try to improve his draft stock that way.
well, that has to be his goal, right? he's already in a championship situation. so that's not the motivation here......

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
“Kamara was buried on the depth chart at Alabama. Why would we want him here?”

🤔

I know what you're saying but it's not exactly the same. I think an injury buried Kamara on their stacked RB depth chart then he left bama, went JUCO, earned his 5-star JUCO rating, and then came here. I'm sure if Feaster was a 5-star JUCO with 2-3 years eligibility remaining the direction of this discussion would likely be completely different.

well, that has to be his goal, right? he's already in a championship situation. so that's not the motivation here......

Absolutely. He talked about declaring early, but probably didn't project well. He could have great visibility and production as the #2 back at Clemson, which puts him in a good spot to boost his stock. So he must feel he's in danger of getting bumped down the depth chart at Clemson, which is highly possible, or thinks he would be more productive as the bell cow elsewhere. IDT that would be UT.

i think so. he's saying the right things, letting the player choose, so it won't play badly publically. but he's also sending a message in the process.

I actually think this hurts Clemson. The first comments DS made when news first broke, he was in Atlanta for some award ceremony, he said he hope the kid didn't leave. I was looking at his RB group last night and I think he only has 2 scholarship RB's returning, Etienne & Dixon, He signed a couple freshmen in this last class, one a low 4-star, the other a mid 3-star. He has 3 walkons behind that. They probably can't afford for either Etienne or Dixon to get banged up.

Question: are we gonna be able to take a full class in 2021 anyway? That’ll be Pruitts 4th class, we’re still a “young” team, and doubt we’ll have the kind of attrition we had in recent years. We may be up against the 85 in 2021 anyway...may be the perfect time to “burn” a spot for a 1 year rental. Though I, too, would rather see transfers with multiple years of eligibility and only take 1 year guys at positions of immediate need in the trenches.

Are people here crazy? We don't have a single back on our roster that fits Pruitt's profile for this offense. One with prototypical NFL size and speed. If Josh Jacobs wanted to transfer to UT instead of entering the draft everyone should say Hell yeah. But before this past season, most would be saying the same as they are saying now about Feaster. I love Ty Chandler, but the addition of Feaster could be the difference between a 6-6 season and a 8-4 season. Yes our line has been abysmal, but think about this.... Clemson has been pumping out NFL talent at nearly every position with the exception of OL and TE. I say bring Mr. Feaster on to Knoxville. He could possibly be the most talented player on our offense.

Wouldn’t sacrifice a spot for a 4 year player if one our our upperclassmen that haven’t seen the field in 3 years were told to leave 🤷‍♂️ If we get him, chances are Fant or CFA transfers. Surprised one of them already haven’t
That’s not how it works. Grad transfer requires an initial qualifier...and we don’t have one left in 19. Takes from the 20 class. Like Anthony Harris would if he qualifies.

Are people here crazy? We don't have a single back on our roster that fits Pruitt's profile for this offense. One with prototypical NFL size and speed. If Josh Jacobs wanted to transfer to UT instead of entering the draft everyone should say Hell yeah. But before this past season, most would be saying the same as they are saying now about Feaster. I love Ty Chandler, but the addition of Feaster could be the difference between a 6-6 season and a 8-4 season. Yes our line has been abysmal, but think about this.... Clemson has been pumping out NFL talent at nearly every position with the exception of OL and TE. I say bring Mr. Feaster on to Knoxville. He could possibly be the most talented player on our offense.

If that profile ever really existed it changed with Chaney’s hire. Obviously before with Gray’s recruitment.

Reactions: AaronUT and Sleegro
I don't see how transferring to UT would work in Feaster's favor. He could stay at Clemson where he's the #2 back, running behind a stronger OL on a championship-caliber team. Seems like he's just testing the waters and would only leave for the ideal setup.
He’s not the #2 back there. Dixon is and there must be some buildup for that 4 star pickup Chez Mellusi.

Pass on Jacobs, he’s only good because of bama’s Oline. Chandler would win the heisman behind that line.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Without a waiver, Feaster would have to sit out a year. No help for the upcoming season. Would rather use the scholly on a four year guy. Hard pass.

So he signed Banks and Gray knowing they didn't fit his profile?
Banks is the closest from a size standpoint and was on his way to being the #2 guy last year before all the fumbles. He will have to earn the coaches trust back. Gray was added because we sorely lack playmakers. He is ideally a change of pace guy until he's had time to add weight/strength. Feaster is a combination of Chandler and Banks, and a plug and play guy. To the gentleman that said pass on Jacobs... that is laughable, seeing how he is the most complete back in this years draft. Feaster also doesn't require a waiver because he is set to graduate over the summer, then be a graduate transfer being eligible anywhere this fall.

Reactions: drvenner

VN Store

Back