'16 SC RB Tavien Feaster

That sounds good in theory, but what evidence do you have that this kid is any better than what is already on the team at his position?
It will just be how coaches wherever he ends up feel, but he is big and fast and has been productive when he has played on a team that has been stacked at his position.

Reactions: Johncarter53
That sounds good in theory, but what evidence do you have that this kid is any better than what is already on the team at his position?

Exhibit A - We're talking ourselves into Tim Jordan being the answer.

I don't mind people saying that we should use the spot on a lineman. I probably put myself in that category. But I also think a large chunk of this roster is still pretty bad, so not turning my nose up at any talent.

I know what you're saying but it's not exactly the same. I think an injury buried Kamara on their stacked RB depth chart then he left bama, went JUCO, earned his 5-star JUCO rating, and then came here. I'm sure if Feaster was a 5-star JUCO with 2-3 years eligibility remaining the direction of this discussion would likely be completely different.
An injury buried Feaster at Clemson.

Also earning a 5 star at JUCO means nothing. Kamara was said to have more problems at Bama than just injuries. The best Juco did for him was let him know he better take his second chance more serious.

It’s been reported that he’s choosing between us, UNC, App State and Georgia Southern... as weird as this sounds because it wouldn’t be the case for any high school recruit that we actually wanted, I think were probably the least likely of those

Reactions: Johncarter53
If Banks can hold onto the ball, he is way above average.
I think banks could do for us what LaGarrette Blount has done for a lot of NFL teams. Not a homerun threat, below average yards per carry, but is a guy we can depend on to convert 4th and 1 and be a solid goal line back, and could see the end zone more than the others based on the fact that he gets the rock inside the 10. I don’t see Jordan as an SEC caliber back and I don’t see him finishing his career at UT.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I think banks could do for us what LaGarrette Blount has done for a lot of NFL teams. Not a homerun threat, below average yards per carry, but is a guy we can depend on to convert 4th and 1 and be a solid goal line back, and could see the end zone more than the others based on the fact that he gets the rock inside the 10. I don’t see Jordan as an SEC caliber back and I don’t see him finishing his career at UT.
He’s better than that. I don’t think y’all are remembering how much he flashed when he carried the ball last year, minus the fumble problems. If he can put the fumblitis behind him, I think he’s a legit SEC back.

He’s better than that. I don’t think y’all are remembering how much he flashed when he carried the ball last year, minus the fumble problems. If he can put the fumblitis behind him, I think he’s a legit SEC back.

Yep. We have good running backs. I’m not sure what some of the people in this thread are smokin’. Our OL is also superb. Everyone knows the cause of all our problems is JG.

Reactions: Sleegro
Tavien Feaster: 222 carries, 1330 yards (6.0 avg), 15 TD, 23 rec, 183 yards, TD
Tim Jordan: 143 carries, 574 yards (4.0 avg), 3 TD, 20 rec, 181 yards

I mean...it's not close, IMO. I know Feaster had a much, much better line to run behind, but still. To say Jordan is better than him is a bold statement, and frankly I wholeheartedly disagree.

Not close because our lines are miiiles apart. Fact is Feaster was still 4th best behind his line and Jordan was 3rd best.

Look at the gaps - Jordan was about 1 ypc behind London and 1.5 behind Chandler...

Feaster was a 1.5 behind merely 3rd best. 2.5 behind Ettienne, the best overall and the workhorse. He was a full 3 ypc behind Dixon.

Not saying who is better, but gotta realize just how "apples to oranges" this truly is. Their RBs cakewalked to 5.5+ ypc. Ours needed miracles (and a last game 80 yd rush in Chandler's case).

Ettiene will be the first back taken in next years draft, and Dixon could end up being better than him. Hard to make a legitimate argument comparing depth charts.

Not close because our lines are miiiles apart. Fact is Feaster was still 4th best behind his line and Jordan was 3rd best.

Look at the gaps - Jordan was about 1 ypc behind London and 1.5 behind Chandler...

Feaster was a 1.5 behind merely 3rd best. 2.5 behind Ettienne, the best overall and the workhorse. He was a full 3 ypc behind Dixon.

Not saying who is better, but gotta realize just how "apples to oranges" this truly is. Their RBs cakewalked to 5.5+ ypc. Ours needed miracles (and a last game 80 yd rush in Chandler's case).
One team was also playing Wake Forest, Louisville and a horrid FSU while the other was facing Florida, Georgia, Alabama, which our OL looked terrible vs UNC Charlotte so idk. I still don’t think Clemson’s RBs would be averaging the same YPC in the SEC.

VN Store

Back