'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

True, but Chryst would have been much easier to commit to if he had two years to play like Kendall does. He seemed to have more command of the offense in his limited playing time than JG. Sticking with JG seemed like the long-term play, though.
Chryst wouldn't beat him out this year either.

Did Chryst win us any games? Everyone seems to place so much importance on experience, while being adamant that we shouldn't get our young guys any of their own.

I know we had McBride (ignore that fact for a minute) but the last thing we needed was Shrout having to burn a redshirt. He truly needed it more than experience.

Reactions: JacketVol
But take Chryst out of the equation, you’re putting that at serious risk. That’s my point as to why Chryst, as a backup or a starter, was a good pick up. We were a CUSA team at best at QB depth.
If we had to go to McBride at any point last year he would have won us the same amount of games as Chryst did we he came in, 0. If Shrout had gotten snaps last year at any point then we would be much more prepared this year because we would have a backup with actual experience. I understand why Chryst was brought in, but it isn't something you want to make a habit of.

Reactions: Sleegro
If we had to go to McBride at any point last year he would have won us the same amount of games as Chryst did we he came in, 0. If Shrout had gotten snaps last year at any point then we would be much more prepared this year because we would have a backup with actual experience. I understand why Chryst was brought in, but it isn't something you want to make a habit of.

Agree on habit. I hope and think it was a one time deal. That said, if we were to go after AK, it’s to start!

Has there been any news at all saying Pruitt is even interested in going after a grad transfer QB? If we are going the grad transfer route, it would be much better to go for OL or DL.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Would really like to see Kendall come to Tennessee and give JG some competition (or maybe win the job himself), but man, going to Duke seems like a great fit for him. Can't fault him for that at all.

How do you know JG is better? He's been sitting behind to Heisman winners.
We dropped him for a reason.

They went head to head at a ton of camps and JG was known to have the better arm and be the better prospect.

Everyone was happy when he decomitted and we were getting JG.

Why would anyone think Kendall is better? His 30 something passes?

VN Store

Back