'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

Dude we got Phillips and Taylor, it's not like we don't have very good talent there. GBO!

We have very good talent on the DL but the numbers are what concern me. 13 DL is def short of what you want in a D that uses 4-man front. Plus 5 of them are not expected to participate in spring ball. Would feel much better depth wise if we can land one more DL this class (pref DT) and them maybe even a LB grows into an end.

Because we don't have the best defensive end group in the country and because it's never a position of luxury and you can never have enough quality defensive linemen.

I swear our fans act like we've got the only Derek Barnett in the country. I promise you there are better combos than Barnett and Vereen.

There isn't a better DE in the country than Barnett. He dominates both aspects of the game. Teams were triple blocking him for a reason.

Reactions: 1 person
There isn't a better DE in the country than Barnett. He dominates both aspects of the game. Teams were triple blocking him for a reason.

Just gotta hope he bounces back from sitting out the spring a little bit faster this year when the season rolls around. If he can produce at his late-season level all year he'll be a first round lock in the draft.

It's not ideal but we'll be alright. We go three deep at DT this upcoming season, and we're only slated to lose O'Brien to graduation. It'll be the next year where we'll have lots of turnover. We're stacked at DE. Next year we lose Vereen and probably Barnett, but we still have guys like Phillips, Smith, Taylor, etc behind them.

2017 will have to be a big year for us on the DL. But we're by no means hurting. Our recruiting on the DL in the '14 and '15 classes meant that we could afford to be picky and swing for the fences in '16.

Just like one de and dt from this class not juco

It could just be his dad's fault but Kongbo looks really flaky. Like the kind of player that usually becomes an attrition casualty for us anyway. Throw in the fact that he hasn't been playing football very long and we have Phillips and Taylor - no biggie whatever he does.

this one has been done since ole miss was in Canada. Parents are going to strong arm this kid to freeze.

Agreed.I get sick of watching him get held almost every freaking play.Butch needs to make a highlight tape of all the non called muggings of Barnett.It's pitiful they don't call what is so obvious.

I disagree. There's other Barnett's out there. And besides that, he's one player. There has never been a day when we don't need a 5* defensive end.

VN Store

Back