'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

rumor has it that he wants to come to UT but dad wont sign the papers

I love how we're all sitting here going F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 imagining the sitcom like scene of Kongbo, who has been on his own for a couple years now playing football, arguing with his dad about signing the LOI like he's Cory Matthews trying to sell his parents on why he shouldn't be grounded.

Brandan Edwards ‏@consciousb 16m16 minutes ago
Looks like Jonathan @King_Kongbo will decide between #FSU and #OleMiss. So odds are Jimbo gets a good one.

There isn't a better DE in the country than Barnett. He dominates both aspects of the game. Teams were triple blocking him for a reason.

I agree. Name one better. There isn't any. He gets held on every play, usually with an arm around the neck that isn't called. He plays the run as well as pass rush.

Phillips needs to be "that guy" going forward. Taylor can be the Maggitt equivalent.

Not getting Kongbo would not be surprising, he decommitted once before. You take a flyer on him for sure because he appears to be a special talent. They should never count on him. Will see how it goes, but he was an Ole Miss target to get even over Richmond.

People need to know what they are talking about before they accuse someone of getting paid.

If the kid really wants to come to UT, he will sign with UT. it is really that simple.

Reactions: 4 people
Good lord people. Kid is a legal adult. Daddy doesn't have to sign a thing. Basic law knowledge 101.

Lol,, maybe you should learn something before you mouth off, a kid under 21 has to have a parent or guardian sign off, that is basic knowledge 101.
Even if the athlete is married if under 21 someone has to sign off on it.

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed.I get sick of watching him get held almost every freaking play.Butch needs to make a highlight tape of all the non called muggings of Barnett.It's pitiful they don't call what is so obvious.

People thinking he started slow need to go watch the games. Teams were tackling him left and right. He had 15 tackles versus Oklahoma so he was back from the spring practice absence in a hurry. He's unblockable and his power at the point of attack is elite to go along with his relentless effort.

People need to know what they are talking about before they accuse someone of getting paid.

If the kid really wants to come to UT, he will sign with UT. it is really that simple.

We know OM is dirty but I agree with you.

He needs to chose the best place for him. If that's OM I wish him nothing but the best unless he's playing us.

Brice and Austin with VQ just said we are trying to get him to wait till tomorrow to sign.

If he does that it would be good for us they said.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys, I'm really concerned about our DB depth. I know we just landed 3 top 100 players for that position group, but they haven't played a down and therefore we have no depth and experience or skill there.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back