'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

Does he have 3 years to play 3?

this being his 3rd year out of college he is eligible to go pro after this season(correct me if I'm wrong). Family seems to be money hungry so I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a one and done even if he's not projected in the top 2 rounds.

this being his 3rd year out of college he is eligible to go pro after this season(correct me if I'm wrong). Family seems to be money hungry so I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a one and done even if he's not projected in the top 2 rounds.

Based on?

Reactions: 1 person
Loads of talent at the DE position. Gonna be hard to keep em all happy. Barnett, Vereen, Phillips, Kongbo, Taylor, Lewis, Smith, Butcher

We will have a great rotation to keep all full throttle and fresh and hopefully healthy by the end of the season.

Rumor on VQ apparently that Mom signed not Dad.

Buddy of mine just texted me. Anyone have VQ that can confirm that's being floated?

I have tried to find this out as well. And all I can gather is that there indeed was a possible bagman and an undisclosed amt passed to the family but the son wanted to attend UT more than Ole Miss.

Best of both worlds. Keep the Ole Miss cash and play for Tennessee. We should have Ole Miss pay all our players.:)

Reactions: 2 people
So.... who will we have left on the DL after next season? who are the possible early NFL draft entries?

KMack/Vickers
Tuttle/Johnson/Picou

Still 5 DTs.

Take another JUCO DT and 3 HS DTs in 2017 and we are fine. The HS guys will need to be studs though, because we will be replacing everyone except Picou in 2018.

KMack/Vickers
Tuttle/Johnson/Picou

Still 5 DTs.

Take another JUCO DT and 3 HS DTs in 2017 and we are fine. The HS guys will need to be studs though, because we will be replacing everyone except Picou in 2018.

I think you got it. Should be an easy pull with none in this class.

I'm not sure about replacing everyone though.

Last edited:
Maybe that OL miss money will sustain them for a while.:)

Reactions: 2 people
KMack/Vickers
Tuttle/Johnson/Picou

Still 5 DTs.

You're assuming McKenzie and Tuttle both go pro after 2017???? That's assuming a lot but would mean they both had great careers. We'll see.

You're assuming McKenzie and Tuttle both go pro after 2017???? That's assuming a lot but would mean they both had great careers. We'll see.

I think you have to recruit under the assumption that both leave after 2017. If you keep them (or even one) for an extra year, it's a huge bonus. We will know more once the 2016 season is underway. If they are dominant, they will shoot up the draft boards quickly.

Rumor on VQ apparently that Mom signed not Dad.

Buddy of mine just texted me. Anyone have VQ that can confirm that's being floated?

Why parent's try to force their son to sign to a place that they don't want to is beyond me. Terrible parenting

I think you have to recruit under the assumption that both leave after 2017. If you keep them (or even one) for an extra year, it's a huge bonus. We will know more once the 2016 season is underway. If they are dominant, they will shoot up the draft boards quickly.

True.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure about thirty underclassmen have been predicted to possibly leave early by someone lol.

True.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure about thirty underclassmen have been predicted to possibly leave early by someone lol.

I mean, on one hand you want guys to ball out for three years and head to the league, because that's a huge selling point for recruits. But you also want to keep guys around for as long as possible.

LSU is the biggest victim of the 3 and done phenomenon. They recruit extremely well but their roster always has holes because of how many of their players peace out after their junior years.

True. You know, I notice that a good portion of those guys are constantly doing PR work/recruiting. I also notice that Hurd rarely does any of it. I wonder if he's more of a loner/serious guy, whereas the others are more fun-loving, jovial types. Kamara is hilarious, but he knows how to go into team-speak mode when he needs to.

Can we still hold on to the opinion that he's a selfish prick for trying to control his adult son's college decisions?
You do you BC, I just get bothered by character being attacked based on internet rumors. Maybe he's a selfish prick, maybe not, but I am sure few of us would have a problem with a parent pushing a kid to UT. People get giddy all the time around here when they read "mom wants TN".

VN Store

Back