16 and 17 class: vs the 18 and 19 classes

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Can the 16 and 17 classes mingle with the 18 and 19 classes?
Under one year with Pruitt, going into his second year, this will be Pruitt’s second class coming in.
The 18 class has some shining stars developing, and will be a lot better this year.
The 19 class is already filled with stars coming in on campus now.
My question is, can the 16 and 17 classes what is left, pull it together or vice versa to make this team great?

We had a defense in 17 that couldn’t even hardly tackle on defense. The offense looked rough as well.
In 18 we saw a slight improvement in tackling on defense. On offense we also saw improvements as well.
Can this whole team come together, and make a run for the sec east? I think with another round of spring and fall practice, every one will buy in and come together to do just that. My confidence level is very high for 2019, and in Pruitt.👌👍

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
If we don’t turn the ball over in the swamp, I think our running backs can take over this game and out rush them for the win this year. I think our line will be a lot better as well. I think Chandler and company is going to have a huge day in Florida. Now Georgia, they have lost some on defense and offense. If we can duplicate on what we did in the 1st three quarters, except to find some scoring at home in the 1st half, I say we can beat them at home. We proved in the last game that we can get to Fromm, and we will again. If our defense can shut down Swift, we win this football game folks.

If we don’t turn the ball over in the swamp, I think our running backs can take over this game and out rush them for the win this year. I think our line will be a lot better as well. I think Chandler and company is going to have a huge day in Florida. Now Georgia, they have lost some on defense and offense. If we can duplicate on what we did in the 1st three quarters, except to find some scoring at home in the 1st half, I say we can beat them at home. We proved in the last game that we can get to Fromm, and we will again. If our defense can shut down Swift, we win this football game folks.
I don't see much of a defensive front coming back for us. I'm not thinking about a run at the SEC east as much as I'm looking at trying to beat Vandy, Mizzou, and USCe. We have a ways to go depth wise in making a championship run.

I don't see much of a defensive front coming back for us. I'm not thinking about a run at the SEC east as much as I'm looking at trying to beat Vandy, Mizzou, and USCe. We have a ways to go depth wise in making a championship run.
I agree our DT is mainly where the concern is but I believe we'll be ok with Gooden, Savion Williams, Kingston Harris, Middleton, and maybe Emerson moves back to d tackle I really like Simmons coming in but not sure how "ready" he'll be. Ends I think we're in pretty good shape

Exactly. I know it's disappointing to some, but I'm excited at the prospect of a "solid" season, where we beat all the teams we should and maybe give one of Florida/Georgia/Bama a run for their money. We had a couple really nice upsets last year... if we could get one next year against one of our division rivals or Bama, that would be huge.

Reactions: Gandalf and Titan05
Well! I understand that, but I think that we’ll be alright on the dL line. Last time I looked, I thought we had 7 defensive tackles, 6 defensive ends? Am I wrong?

1. Our first order of business, is getting to 3-0 on the season.
2. Getting our rotations set on offense and defense.
3. Take the first three games and learn more with Chaney’s offense.
4. Learning what is left, and moving in the right direction toward Florida.

My other question is, do we work on Florida in the 3 weeks, and just barely work on the other teams? We know we are going to beat these teams, but they are going to have to play during those games, getting ready for Florida

Just out of curiosity... I keep reading that CJP is recruiting bigger players than CBJ. I am sorry for being lazy and not looking it all up and doing the math but this thread made me think. Are the sized of the players as far as height and weight much bigger overall in the 18-19 classes than the 16-17 classes? I would be curious how many inches and lbs more these classes are especially on the O and D lines.

Reactions: savannahfan
I don’t think you will see us competing for anything until year 3 or 4 at the earliest. Once we get all of Butch’s players out then we will see some real progress.

I don’t think you will see us competing for anything until year 3 or 4 at the earliest. Once we get all of Butch’s players out then we will see some real progress.
Just out of curiosity... I keep reading that CJP is recruiting bigger players than CBJ. I am sorry for being lazy and not looking it all up and doing the math but this thread made me think. Are the sized of the players as far as height and weight much bigger overall in the 18-19 classes than the 16-17 classes? I would be curious how many inches and lbs more these classes are especially on the O and D lines.
Yes, these guys are bigger, faster, and already stronger than what we have seen in a while. I think we’re not used to these type of players coming in, and that is why some are cooling expectations. Well, not me, because these guys want to win, and I think they all want to win. I think the 16 and the 17 classes just needed some help, and I think we have that.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
People just keep forgetting that Sherrer and Pruitt are defensive guys that know how to coach. They know how to win on that side of the ball. I think Florida and Georgia will find that out soon enough this year. I’m ready for kick off now.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
1. Our first order of business, is getting to 3-0 on the season.
2. Getting our rotations set on offense and defense.
3. Take the first three games and learn more with Chaney’s offense.
4. Learning what is left, and moving in the right direction toward Florida.

My other question is, do we work on Florida in the 3 weeks, and just barely work on the other teams? We know we are going to beat these teams, but they are going to have to play during those games, getting ready for Florida

I wouldn't sleep on BYU. They have a solid QB and are built from the inside out with a good OL and an aggressive DL. We won't be able to just out-talent them like we will the other 2.

I wouldn't sleep on BYU. They have a solid QB and are built from the inside out with a good OL and an aggressive DL. We won't be able to just out-talent them like we will the other 2.
I don’t believe this game will be a challenge. I believe we blow them out, but if it close, then I hope the players learn how to win from it.

Can the 16 and 17 classes mingle with the 18 and 19 classes?
Under one year with Pruitt, going into his second year, this will be Pruitt’s second class coming in.
The 18 class has some shining stars developing, and will be a lot better this year.
The 19 class is already filled with stars coming in on campus now.
My question is, can the 16 and 17 classes what is left, pull it together or vice versa to make this team great?

We had a defense in 17 that couldn’t even hardly tackle on defense. The offense looked rough as well.
In 18 we saw a slight improvement in tackling on defense. On offense we also saw improvements as well.
Can this whole team come together, and make a run for the sec east? I think with another round of spring and fall practice, every one will buy in and come together to do just that. My confidence level is very high for 2019, and in Pruitt.👌👍

You can say this about "mingling" any year's class with the classes already on the team. It's better called becoming a "team" regardless of the year or years or incoming transfers. Another way of saying it is "fitting in".

People just keep forgetting that Sherrer and Pruitt are defensive guys that know how to coach. They know how to win on that side of the ball. I think Florida and Georgia will find that out soon enough this year. I’m ready for kick off now.

Hold on!! Let the team get as ready as they can before kicking off. You and we may be ready, but they are not.

what brand are you drinking. I believe I will buy a liter for myself

Reactions: jarnol32

VN Store

Back