16 and 17 class: vs the 18 and 19 classes

We won't do much of anything if the O line isn't VASTLY improved and these guys have put on some size. D line as well. That's where it all starts and ends, boys and girls. Just because it's a new season doesn't mean that's automatic.

Based on conventional wisdom and the breadcrumb evidence we are seeing (so not just wishful thinking), this will be a solid rebuilding year. The schedule is easier and they have had more time in the S&C and under Sherrer/Pruitt and our QB has one more year of exp (as well as Chaney to whisper in his ear). That said, we still have a lot of gaps in the line. I cant see us competing this year but I do expect a "solid" season, where we are no longer ashamed to be Vols on Saturday and where the games will be worth watching.

6 games we SHOULD win, 3 we COULD win and of course, 3 we MIGHT win.

Aug. 31: Georgia State
Sept. 7: BYU
Sept. 14: Chattanooga
Sept. 21: at Florida
Sept. 28: OPEN DATE
Oct. 5: Georgia
Oct. 12: Mississippi State
Oct. 19: at Alabama
Oct. 26: South Carolina
Nov. 2: UAB
Nov. 9: Kentucky

Nov. 16: OPEN DATE
Nov. 23: at Missouri
Nov. 30: Vanderbilt

I'm the eternal optimist, hoping for like 9 wins this year...BUT...looking at that schedule, even considering there is some drop off in difficulty, a realist would say the ceiling is 7 wins. The 7th being South Carolina. Because we played them very tough this year, and next year we'll have them at home and another year of experience/strength and conditioning under our belt. I have very little faith in going to Mizzou and pulling one out unless we get drastically better line play. They just seem to have our number. And MSU ALWAYS has a bunch of hogs on the line, year in and year out. Concerned they will wear us down. That's what it would take to get to my "hopeful" 9 wins, beating those 2. UF, UGA, Bama?? I would be thrilled to be competitive.

But of course I'll go into the season screaming like a maniac like always and expecting the impossible.

If we don’t turn the ball over in the swamp, I think our running backs can take over this game and out rush them for the win this year. I think our line will be a lot better as well. I think Chandler and company is going to have a huge day in Florida. Now Georgia, they have lost some on defense and offense. If we can duplicate on what we did in the 1st three quarters, except to find some scoring at home in the 1st half, I say we can beat them at home. We proved in the last game that we can get to Fromm, and we will again. If our defense can shut down Swift, we win this football game folks.
Lol

Reactions: Titan05
We will be in top 3, GA FL and TN. That could be in any order here. GA is reeling, FL is coming and we are coming. Know that, VOLS ARE COMING!

Buy whatever you want to drink, the TN FL game is a toss up. If it were in Knox, I'd mark it as a W BOY! Dismissed

Lol...every off season the vols will beat florida or its a toss up. Then kickoff happens and we all know how that story has gone .

Reactions: Titan05
I think the 19 Class addressed a ton of needs. LB is still a concern but I think with development going forward we should be fine. I place more faith than I should but I feel strongly CJP is righting the ship. Let's see how this play's out before we start calling for his head, but with our fan base I see that as wishful thinking. Why do most here have to have a sky is falling attitude, Either get with the program or be a bandwagon fan of Bama or UGA.

I think the 19 Class addressed a ton of needs. LB is still a concern but I think with development going forward we should be fine. I place more faith than I should but I feel strongly CJP is righting the ship. Let's see how this play's out before we start calling for his head, but with our fan base I see that as wishful thinking. Why do most here have to have a sky is falling attitude, Either get with the program or be a bandwagon fan of Bama or UGA.
Q Crouch and Bituili should have it covered, among others.

Can the 16 and 17 classes mingle with the 18 and 19 classes?
Under one year with Pruitt, going into his second year, this will be Pruitt’s second class coming in.
The 18 class has some shining stars developing, and will be a lot better this year.
The 19 class is already filled with stars coming in on campus now.
My question is, can the 16 and 17 classes what is left, pull it together or vice versa to make this team great?

We had a defense in 17 that couldn’t even hardly tackle on defense. The offense looked rough as well.
In 18 we saw a slight improvement in tackling on defense. On offense we also saw improvements as well.
Can this whole team come together, and make a run for the sec east? I think with another round of spring and fall practice, every one will buy in and come together to do just that. My confidence level is very high for 2019, and in Pruitt.👌👍

You have delusions of grandeur. We have a team that, out of necessity, is likely going to be playing an extremely high number of freshmen and sophomores in 2019. That is not a recipe for success in the SEC, and it is not a recipe for consistency in performance from week to week either. In 2019, we need to prove that we can beat Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri and Kentucky. That would be a HUGE improvement given the fact that most of those teams whipped us last year. We likely will lose to one or more of them in 2019. However, that is the next step in the process of this team's improvement. We need to get back to consistently beating those teams. Georgia and Florida are much better teams that us right now. We will need at least another couple of years before we consistently compete with them.

VN Store

Back