'15 VA WDE Josh Sweat

Lumbergh-Watching-You-On-The-Job-In-Office-Space.gif

Thank you, thank you....I'll be here all week :hi:

“Right now, I don’t have any visits set up, but I will soon,” he said. “Off the top of my head, I know I want to check out Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee and I want to take some visits on the West Coast. When I go to the Nike Opening, I want to visit Oregon and USC – and maybe UCLA.

“I have really good relationships with Stinespring at Virginia Tech and (wide receivers) coach (Zach) Azzanni at Tennessee,” Sweat said.

“Coach Azzanni – we talk once a week. So I’d say I talk to him the most.”

Scout.com: Sweat discusses recruitment

Reactions: 2 people
" Rivals100 defensive end Josh Sweat has really progressed since last year and recruiting has really taken off. The Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith star recently visited Virginia Tech. Sweat has visited the Blacksburg campus multiple times and liked that he got to see some different things there this time around.

He wants to visit Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee and maybe Oregon. Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Florida State are recruiting him the hardest."

-Rivals

“I should have a list of places I want to visit pretty soon,” he said. “Other than Virginia Tech,*Tennessee,*Georgia,*Florida State,*Clemson*and*Ohio State*are some of the schools that have been recruiting me the hardest. Those are some schools I’d like to visit this summer.”

“I’m going to make my announcement at the Under Armour All-American game,” Sweat said. “When I make my decision, I’m going to be sure because I won’t be decommitting. I’m making one commitment.”

“The deciding factors are going to be my comfort level with the coaches, where I feel like I fit in the best and a place where I know I’ll get my degree."

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
Nice avi dude. That game was EPIC.

My favorite player of all time. Modeled my game around him cause I was bigger than the average college player so I just wanted to dominate in the air.

Got to meet him when the crew played an exhibition match in chattanooga when I was a kid.. It was awesome.

My favorite player of all time. Modeled my game around him cause I was bigger than the average college player so I just wanted to dominate in the air.

Got to meet him when the crew played an exhibition match in chattanooga when I was a kid.. It was awesome.

Saw him play several times at the Crew games, hated when we didn't sign him back. He really was a big inspiration to a lot of us soccer players. Played hard and without care for his body, gotta love players like that

This guy will be successful wherever he goes, breath of fresh air in his attitude towards his recruitment.

Also curious about why he might be a long shot. Seems like he would have a lot of opportunities here. This hybrid 4-3/Nickel defense we keep hearing about seems to be more of a consequence of poor recruiting prior to CBJ. We had no pass rush, mostly because CDD refused to take anyone who could move, so we are converting outside linebackers to defensive ends in the hopes of getting some leverage. Wouldn't it be better to take someone who plays the position than to try and fit a square peg in a round hole once they get to campus? I think Sweat has a lot of potential. People are already looking for the Second Coming of Jadeveon Clowney. Why not this guy in Orange & White? Once again, immediate playing time has to be a plus. I'll shut up now. GBO!

-SoMissVol

Also curious about why he might be a long shot. Seems like he would have a lot of opportunities here. This hybrid 4-3/Nickel defense we keep hearing about seems to be more of a consequence of poor recruiting prior to CBJ. We had no pass rush, mostly because CDD refused to take anyone who could move, so we are converting outside linebackers to defensive ends in the hopes of getting some leverage. Wouldn't it be better to take someone who plays the position than to try and fit a square peg in a round hole once they get to campus? I think Sweat has a lot of potential. People are already looking for the Second Coming of Jadeveon Clowney. Why not this guy in Orange & White? Once again, immediate playing time has to be a plus. I'll shut up now. GBO!

-SoMissVol

Post more often.

Lawlz! I ain't saying anything that hasn't been said before. Maybe a little more clearly or more organized, but nothing new. Thanks though!

-SoMissVol

Would love to get Sweat, but I personally think his best fit is at 3-4 rush LB. I would love to have him as a 4-3 LEO or a nickel rush end, though.

VN Store

Back