'15 VA OL Chance Hall (UT commit 7/3/14)

His film is filthy.This guy really moves well for a kid this big.Plays a little high on defense but that can be corrected if he stays on Dl.I like him.Lots of speed and agility.

Look how the OL is shaping up for this cycle.

1. Big Athletic road graders
2. Great Feet
3. Can play multiple positions
4. MEAN
5. Plays until the whistle blows

Reactions: 7 people
Look how the OL is shaping up for this cycle.

1. Big Athletic road graders
2. Great Feet
3. Can play multiple positions
4. MEAN
5. Plays until the whistle blows

I love it.Been a while since we had a little attitude up front.

Reactions: 1 person
good pickup IMO....main thing here is Tennessee seems to be repositioning itself in the Virginias and Carolinas again...which is never a bad thing

Reactions: 2 people
I hope he works out as an offensive lineman. He is certainly not an SEC defensive lineman IMO. I am never star struck, and I said all along Coleman was under rated and a stud. Chance is an outstanding character guy. He's awesome...but this is football! Highlights never tell the entire story. Attached is a link to another kid's highlights. Hall is #77 playing defensive line.

Chance was only a junior in this film. I will make sure I check him out live this season...somehow. I saw him play live as a sophomore and was unimpressed. I saw his film vs. Salem last season and was unimpressed. BUT....in Butch we trust. Hope my misgivings are dead wrong.

North Side 2013 - Thomas Mitchem highlights

Last edited:
Somebody please detail for me what attributes signify an SEC defensive lineman vs an SEC offensive lineman. Because his size and reports of quick feet plus athleticism would make me think that he would be a great fit for defense. Serious question, not being a smart a$$.

The staff fell in love with him at orange carpet day. He's a right tackle all the way. Tough, Road grade type, with a mean streak. We will pound that rock.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope he works out as an offensive lineman. He is certainly not an SEC defensive lineman IMO. I am never star struck, and I said all along Coleman was under rated and a stud. Chance is an outstanding character guy. He's awesome...but this is football! Highlights never tell the entire story. Attached is a link to another kid's highlights. Hall is #77 playing defensive line.

Chance was only a junior in this film. I will make sure I check him out live this season...somehow. I saw him play live as a sophomore and was unimpressed. I saw his film vs. Salem last season and was unimpressed. BUT....in Butch we trust. Hope my misgivings are dead wrong.

North Side 2013 - Thomas Mitchem highlights

So, you question the take I assume?

You wonder if anyone in this OL class with be able to RS...May depend on how Kendrick, Sanders and Weisman develop

It is interesting to me that we took his commitment. Obviously the staff is much better at talent evaluation than me. Maybe we take Hall now, and go all in on Richmond and maybe another elite OT. If both commit, trim fat later. If not, we still keep who we have. Just a guess, I have no idea though

It is interesting to me that we took his commitment. Obviously the staff is much better at talent evaluation than me. Maybe we take Hall now, and go all in on Richmond and maybe another elite OT. If both commit, trim fat later. If not, we still keep who we have. Just a guess, I have no idea though

Your are thoughts are like most posters... you just are willing to admit it

I don't give a darn what he's ranked bc IMO offensive line is one of the hardest positions to scout and project, so outside of the top rated elite o-linemen I take recruiting services with a grain of salt. That the coaches were willing to take his commitment this early in the process tells me all I need to know.

Last edited:
So, you question the take I assume?

It worries me a little... but there are coaches in Orange that get paid a lot of money to know more that I do. I think Chance has a greater upside on the offensive side of the ball from what I have seen and heard from other coaches in the area. I know the caliber and size of many of the opposing players in his highlight film. He is an outstanding kid and a hard worker. I sincerely hope it works out for him and the Vols. My first post looks a little harsh after a second read...I just love the Volunteers and spots are precious.

Reactions: 6 people

Coaches look for good solid basic physical attributes and abilities in lineman. Positioning, leverage and technique can be developed and coached. That's why they call them coaches. Good pickup IMHO.

Last edited:

I think it was Hall or Boulware and we took Hall.

"What it boiled down to was Tennessee and Vanderbilt," Hall said. "For Vanderbilt, the academics there are just so high. But when I was there, it just didn't feel like home. The atmosphere there, like the fan base, it's not the same. You're playing in front of 100,000 people, compared to what Vanderbilt has, that's a big difference. Also, I just got real close with Tennessee's coaches and I haven't talked to Vanderbilt's as much. Those relationships helped out a lot."

"I've visited there multiple times and every time it just kept feeling more like home with each visit," Hall explained. "Being around all the coaches and some of the players, it just felt right. I built a great relationship with all the coaches and a couple of players that are going there currently. Another big thing is just the atmosphere, with football and everything. It's just the fans and just a great atmosphere to be around."

He has spent most of his career on the defensive side of the ball but last season began to transfer to the offensive line and most believe that's where his future is, including himself. "They want me for both, but I'm leaning more towards offensive line and tackle," Hall offered. "They like how long my arms are, how athletic and quick I am. When I get there, I'll just play anywhere."

"Mainly, since I'm gonna play offensive line, I need to work on my technique a lot more," Hall said. "This was my first year playing, so I've been getting with a guy who played at Liberty, who's good friends with my family, I've been working with him on offensive line drills and technique. To me, that's the main thing I need to be working on."

-VQ

Boom! Welcome to VN, Chance!

Reactions: 14 people
It worries me a little... but there are coaches in Orange that get paid a lot of money to know more that I do. I think Chance has a greater upside on the offensive side of the ball from what I have seen and heard from other coaches in the area. I know the caliber and size of many of the opposing players in his highlight film. He is an outstanding kid and a hard worker. I sincerely hope it works out for him and the Vols. My first post looks a little harsh after a second read...I just love the Volunteers and spots are precious.

I gotcha. Obviously with ND, Duke, UVA, and Vandy offers he is an intelligent kid, and that's important on the oline

VN Store

Back