'15 VA OL Chance Hall (UT commit 7/3/14)

This was me in the Mosely thread. I just didn't think he had a mean streak. After seeing him battle Kmac, and Hall coming on, if Mosely could flip the switch our line could be beastly.

I've had doubts about Mosely's mindset as well ...love being wrong about these things.

We have a lot of talent on the offensive line. I wish we could fast forward their development another full year before the season started. I think the line could start looking like a strength this time next year.

Reactions: 1 person
Per Hubbs

Dylan Wiesman's absence last week had caused a stir as the Vols are desperate for depth at a number of positions, but nowhere more pressing right now than offensive line. Wide receiver would be a close second. Wiesman is back, has gotten some first-team reps this week and still can have some kind of role for this team. He isn't seen as any sort of long-term answer as a starter up front. The Vols love their sophomore tandem of Jashon Robertson and Coleman Thomas coupled with their rookies. Chance Hall has been extremely impressive, and Drew Richmond took important strides this week.

Reactions: 7 people
Hall-Robertson-Thomas-Jones-Richmond

Next year that actually starts to look like an SEC offensive line. Robertson might actually slide to center if Thomas can't do well or gets injured then Boulware is your next man up at OG. We'll still need depth but talent wise that looks much better IMO.

Reactions: 4 people

Next year that actually starts to look like an SEC offensive line. Robertson might actually slide to center if Thomas can't do well or gets injured then Boulware is your next man up at OG. We'll still need depth but talent wise that looks much better IMO.

Crowder is Gooch

I like the look of that o line. A LOT. That's a lot of beef with some good athleticism on the right side.

That's an OL with a lot of potential. 3/5 of those guys won't peak until 2017, though. That line should be anywhere from average to good in 2016. Then elite in 2017.

He has been a pleasant surprise. He doesn't fit my prototypical image of what an OT looks like but I am glad he is making good progress.

Consider an eye exam? Need new glasses?
Coaches see him as an OT
:)

Maybe my post is a little harsh? If so, my apologies :hi:

He has been a pleasant surprise. He doesn't fit my prototypical image of what an OT looks like but I am glad he is making good progress.

6'4" 318lbs. Long arms, great footwork from his time playing basketball in high school. About as prototypical as it gets. I would imagine Chance Hall and Drew Richmond will be our OTs the next couple of years.

6'4" 318lbs. Long arms, great footwork from his time playing basketball in high school. About as prototypical as it gets. I would imagine Chance Hall and Drew Richmond will be our OTs the next couple of years.

Agree with you on Hall and Richmond. BTW, thanks for all the VQ updates.

If he were 2 inches taller, with those long arms and that great footwork, he'd be the prototype.

A couple of inches isn't gonna matter though for him here.

I think he's going to be a really good player for us.

If he were 2 inches taller, with those long arms and that great footwork, he'd be the prototype.

A couple of inches isn't gonna matter though for him here.

I think he's going to be a really good player for us.

His weight is proportioned such that he doesn't need the extra height to generate 320 pounds. He's super barrel chested and won't have a problem with not being 6-6

His weight is proportioned such that he doesn't need the extra height to generate 320 pounds. He's super barrel chested and won't have a problem with not being 6-6

Oh I think he's going to make a fine tackle.

All I was saying is that 6'6" 320, with long arms and great feet, is the traditional "prototype"

All he's missing is 2 inches. He's gonna be just fine. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Oh I think he's going to make a fine tackle.

All I was saying is that 6'6" 320, with long arms and great feet, is the traditional "prototype"

All he's missing is 2 inches. He's gonna be just fine. :)

Oh okay gotcha. Some of us don't need the extra two inches.

Ay-ooooo.

oh i think he's going to make a fine tackle.

All i was saying is that 6'6" 320, with long arms and great feet, is the traditional "prototype"

all he's missing is 2 inches. He's gonna be just fine. :)

twss

ManchesterV wrote in another thread >

"The VN guy would be easy to spot. He will be the one who says "TWSS" when the judge says "hung jury"

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back