'15 TN ATH Nathan Cottrell

Offers aren't worthless. Recruiting services base some of their rankings of the recruits on who else has offered. More offers=higher rank.

Also, an UT offer may help some of those in state kids who realistically aren't going to UT get offers from other programs that wouldn't offer otherwise. Helps these kids.

If recruiting services are basing their rankings in part with "offers" as part of it, then IMO they are making a mistake. As I said, it is very clear that UT(and I am sure a lot of other schools) "offer" kids they won't actually take. To me, that makes those offers worthless and IMO a bad thing to use to "rank" a recruit.

If recruiting services are basing their rankings in part with "offers" as part of it, then IMO they are making a mistake. As I said, it is very clear that UT(and I am sure a lot of other schools) "offer" kids they won't actually take. To me, that makes those offers worthless and IMO a bad thing to use to "rank" a recruit.

Agreed.

Mitchell was offered before Jones went straight HAM on the nation in recruiting. We are recruiting on a whole other level now. That is why he doesn't have a commitable offer. Not enough spots to take a guy way down your board.

Reactions: 1 person
Fact is that Mitchell did choose GaTech over UT. Your guess is flat out wrong. His offer from UT was solid.

Nathan was scheduled to participate in UT's camp (the same one that Joc Bruce was offered at) the weekend after he verballed to GaTech. He may or may not have been offered by UT at that camp - we'll never know - but he did decline the invitation extended by UT when he made his commitment firm to UT. Obviously UT was still interested if he was extended the opportunity to attend that camp.

Thanks for proving my point, by the way.

Prove his offer was solid

Cottrell is playing Maryville right now on local television in Knoxville. Kid can fly. Just had a 97-yard kickoff return right up the middle.

Sorry.

I like following easy Tennessee kids who are d1 prospects. I've never seen this kid play, but I looked up and he absolutely ran away from everyone on the field on that return.

Sorry.

I like following easy Tennessee kids who are d1 prospects. I've never seen this kid play, but I looked up and he absolutely ran away from everyone on the field on that return.

I was mostly joking. No biggie at all. Kid has wheels.

We should offer Cottrell

Why? GT is his only offer

He runs a 4.3

Straight line speed only. And he's white.

He has a little wiggle and we need to keep our local boys! Do not need another Cobb!

He fits best at GT on that offense

But we missed on Van. He should get an offer

He's to short

^ Saved the arguments

I was mostly joking. No biggie at all. Kid has wheels.

Apparently you're right considering you aren't the only one bringing it up. Obviously I haven't followed this thread all that closely. :)

We should offer Cottrell

Why? GT is his only offer

He runs a 4.3

Straight line speed only. And he's white.

He has a little wiggle and we need to keep our local boys! Do not need another Cobb!

He fits best at GT on that offense

But we missed on Van. He should get an offer

He's to short

^ Saved the arguments
So what's your legit take on this kid?

This is a good game actually.

So what's your legit take on this kid?

This is a good game actually. Maryville's defense is getting ripped up.

Lol personally I think he is good, we are just full at RB. I think Newsome is the only "playmaker" we would take, in my unprofessional opinion. Cottrell is really good and will do well at GT though

Lol personally I think he is good, we are just full at RB. I think Newsome is the only "playmaker" we would take, in my unprofessional opinion. Cottrell is really good and will do well at GT though

It's nice to be full. Amiright?

Watching the game online and was wondering when his name would be back up at the top

I like the burgess kid at maryville better then cottrell. Hes seems like a very north south runner with power. I think hes the better back.

Going to watch West next week at Asheville.West better google the name Jave Jones.He got to in some trouble at his old high school and transferred to Asheville to try and straighten his life out.It will be fun to watch Cottrell and Jones play.

VN Store

Back